lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
eassonss
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 Club Car 48Volt

I made sure they are right still same symptom. Removed them for testing purpose and cart doesn't even jerk which i would believe the resistor is supplying the initial jerk then. I replaced all three limit switches on the forward/reverse lever. What other components are on the activation circuit for the solenoid? I doubt the solenoid is the problem since this new one and the old one have the exact same symptoms and problems.
Thanks
eassonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

theres nothing else there if its not working when you press pedal but is working when you jump it if its not a bad microswitch or the wires from microswitch to solenoid it has to be solenoid theres nothing else........keep in mind that buying a new solenoid and getting a bad one is not out of the question either.............are you sure diode and resistor are good? unless its in the keyswitch do you have power from keyswitch to to microswitch that activates solenoid? ...........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #13
eassonss
Not Yet Wild

I do have power from key switch to microswitch and microswitches working good i bought the diode new and the resistor was in spec so i can get one of those i guess and another new solenoid were go from there.

thanks
eassonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try and check resistance in wires also.........do you have the V-glide or a potbox? if v-glide open it and see if theres a single microswitch in it and if so make sure its good....................................thats everything even remotely connected to the circuit.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
sepe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by eassonss View Post
Called club car dealer they want 35 buck for a manual no biggie there but they can't email, fax or mail the printed copy to me i have to pick up in person and i live 60 miles from them. I'll try removing the diodes to rule that out for now thanks again for the help.
You should be able to download a manual via the Club Car website in PDF format. I'm on my tablet right now and can't get copy and paste to work but Google Club Car and the 2nd link under the homepage link is manual downloads.

About the solenoid, not much to add as my comments wouldn't be much different than the others. If everything else is testing in range and still the same symptoms, I'd check the solenoid. I've gotten several bad ones new while working on cars.
sepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car