lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
gutz119
Not Yet Wild

Default bogging 86 yamaha

im the new owner of an 86 golf cart.my very first cart i purchased it knowing that it has a few issues but i am a bit mechanically inclined so i figured i can fix it with some help,so any ways its bogging out but if i feather the clutch it runs alil bit better but continues to bog out.any ideas fam??
gutz119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
floridaracerx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: bogging 86 yamaha

Check compression first, if above yamaha specs then:
HAVE the carb cleaned and install a rebuild kit..
let it to the pro's though, carbs are easy to mess up and expensive to replace.

and no, "carb cleaner" in the can won't work..
good luck
floridaracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Geez way to doubt the guy. We are talking about golf carts right? Golf cart carbs are pretty simple to disassemble and clean. A good set of torch tip cleaners and some gummout in the CAN. Works very well.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Irishjoker
Tay-maha or Yama-dunn
Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Geez way to doubt the guy. We are talking about golf carts right? Golf cart carbs are pretty simple to disassemble and clean. A good set of torch tip cleaners and some gummout in the CAN. Works very well.
I agree. I use carb cleaner all the time & it works just fine. BTW welcome to BGW and hello from Indiana.
Irishjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
floridaracerx
Not Yet Wild

over the years i've replaced parts of and re-cleaned alot of carburetors that where brought into the shop because the owner took it apart to clean and messed it up..

paying a shop 50-75 bucks isn't to bad compared to buying parts or whole new carb.. my disclaimer is that this is all with motorcycle/atv's and snowmobiles and yes the golf cart carbs are somewhat simpler but don't feel bad about paying to have it cleaned, the feeling of paying 250 for a new carb is much worse..

most shops have very nice ultrasonic cleaners that will clean out all the internal passages as well as the jets.
floridaracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

what are torch tips cleaners ?

can you show a pitcher of them ?

Thank you
[/COLOR]
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349395123.513048.jpg.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

As I've posted in the past, the air box must be sealed correctly for it to run correctly. Try this..remove the airbox hose (at the carb) and fold it out of the way, run the car, did it run better?, then you know you have an airbox problem. Let us know what happened when you try it.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd say half the time when they come in the shop that's the problem they do a tune up change the air filter and don't get the air box put back together just right.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I fixed a cart where they cut a piece out of the hose in front of the carb, and taped a little piece of foam over the hole. I said something not very nice and asked the owner what that was. They let some kid use it and he was trying to get more air into it. You guessed it, the owner didn't like it missing and bogging all the time.....and this was right after they had a rebuilt engine installed. Some people amaze me.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha