lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
SurfingDude
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Carb adjust...

She is running (( with choke in hand))but kind of rough .....after years of sitting and lots of cleaning gunk the adjustment screws on my carb need some adjusting ....is it just an ear tuning thing or is it a all the way in and back out a certain amount...what is a good starting point??...I am hopping it will tune up without having to pull carb down just yet..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...at-i-have.html
SurfingDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: Carb adjust...

All the way in on the pilot screw then out one turn. Tighten the throttle screw till it just touches the plate then two turns. You may also want to open the fuel pump and check for a white powdery residue that plugs it up. Clean it up with solvent and re-assemble. Be careful and watch how it comes apart and be gentle with the gaskets.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...fuel-pump.html
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
SurfingDude
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

pump is good..I pulled carb apart..((stop being lazy)) running better BUT gona do it again I think needle is sticking ...still a little choke needed to pull me uphill ....has compresion but making some noise ???,,,,THANKS
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
SurfingDude
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

****** DOOM ..after looking at your detailed instructions I guess I am cleaning my pump and my carb ..
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Take the air mixture screw out, it should have a very sharp point (no flat spots), if good, turn it till lightly seated (if you turn it in to hard, you get a flat spot and its distroyed) then turn out 1 1/2 turns. The throttle stop screw, back it off till throtle shaft is completely closed, then turn in 1/4 turn. Compression test at wide open throttle should be 120 lbs, 100 minimum for your engine. Crank seals (on a 2 cycle) are critical. You can have good compression, but youmust also have crank case pressure to suck the gas/oil mixture from the carb, thru the reeds, thru the crank case and cylinder ports to get to the cumbustion chamber. Did you plug that air chamber outlet?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Smallblock, we must have different service manuals!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #8
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Smallblock, After seeing your post I went to the garage and re-adjusted my carb. With 6000+ posts I assume your all over this! This is the third time my service manual has not given me the best information. The other thing I noticed is that the manual gives torque values that some times are confusing. In many cases they will say the value on a nut is 55-80 ft lbs. of torque and in my world thats quite a broad range, this is just an example. Thank you for the carb info., things like this are very valuable to those of us who have little experience.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha