lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
biggflavor
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV Help

Hello-

I am new to the forum and am looking for some help. My dad picked up a new EZGO RXV from a golf course that went under, and I am trying to help him figure out how to get some more pep out of it. When you open the engine, there is a silver bar with a "Do not disturb" kind of sticker on it. When you take that off, there is a long metal cable that looks like it runs from the throttle to the back of the cart, and when the RPM's get too high, the throttle moves back. How can I fix it so it doesn't go back? All help here is appreciated.
biggflavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV Help

On the rear-end there is a threated rod with a spring on it with a nut.Its metric #10 tighten the spring a little at a time, some people go about halfway and some tighten all the way. This is the manual governor
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum biggflavor.................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Bowhunterman
Not Yet Wild

I tightened the nut just as you were saying, but it didn't increase my speed at all. What did I do wrong?
Bowhunterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I beleive that has the kawasaki engine in it right? You adjust the govenor by loosening the bolt on the pie shaped thing on the rear end and moving it very little at a time then tighten bolt back down.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Bowhunterman
Not Yet Wild

G2Rebel - Do you mind helping me out with what I need to adjust on my RXV? By the way, you are correct, it is a Kawasaki engine. What is the pie shaped part that you are speaking of? Thanks in advance for all your help.
Bowhunterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #7
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the throttle rod attatches to it. lemme see if i can find a good pic to show you.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same thing and would really like a PIcture, I adjusted the springs on the top and it did not help s, so hope thsi will, thank U in advance
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:20 AM   #9
petero
Not Yet Wild

hi all
I know I am moving away from the thread but can someone help. I have perchased a rxv with the Kawasaki engine. The problem I have is that it will start with no choke and when it dose start it runs rough and is very unresponsive to the throttle. Even when it is warmed up it takes a lot of getting going. It seems that it runs far to rich I have replaced the air filter. No difference. I had it into a dealer who checked the valve seats and reset the vale lash. no change.when I mentioned that it seemed to be running rich they said that the carb needed set but I can not find any adjustment on the carb. I have checked the choke to make sure it isn't sticking and its ok. Any avise would be appreciated
petero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Is it flooding ? pull the plug and see what color it is. If it is real black and sooty it is flooding. Carb needs cleaning or the choke may not be opening all the way.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo rxv governor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO