lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Chrome lug nuts - size?

So, I was wheeling around the campground a couple of weeks ago on my new to me 07 Precedent and I saw a set of wheels/tires for sale that looked brand new. Guy says he bought them, put them on his cart, and after a day decided to take them off and go with a lift kit and bigger wheels and tires instead. So, I bought them and put them on my non-lifted precedent. Fit and look good but the lug nuts he gave me with them look kind of long for the wheels because they aren't hidden in an deep holes like the ones on my other precedent. When riding the first night, I heard one fall off. When I stopped to check it, I realized 2 were gone. By shear luck, I actually found the second one, put them back on and tightened all of them up one more time. Well, now two are gone again. No way to know if it's the same two or not. But I'm wondering what the deal is. I know they have a habit of getting loose after first installing them but it shouldn't keep happening.

If I wanted to just replace all of them, does anyone know what specs I need to look for and what length will work? Is it something I should be able to pick up off the shelf in an auto parts store or is there a specific size for carts? Anyone ever throw a little blue loctite on lug nuts?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Chrome lug nuts - size?

Club Car and EZ use 1/2-20 threads and basically you can use whatever works. They should be tapered at the wheel side so they should center and for lack of a better word bite into the rim to keep from loosening. As for blue loc tight, don't see why that wouldn't work. Most use a 3/4 inch socket but my diamond wheels use a 11/16 socket. Plain chrome are like a buck a piece.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Chrome lug nuts - size?

I bought some from the autoparts store for one of my carts and the outer circumference was larger than a golf cart lug nut. They worked but i needed to find a thin shell socket to fit in the wheel to tighten. Take a sample with you if you go that route. Furthermore the metric will feel like it goes on tight but wont seat in the threads. This could be your issue or threads are stripped.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car