lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
pasty64
Not Yet Wild

Default Will my 84 be decent for snow plowing

So I have been searching for something to plow my driveway and I have a 84 EZGO 2 stroke that I could use. I did some reading on here and I see plenty of people who have mounted plows on different makes and models and lots of kits being sold but how well do any of them really work. Is it just a novelty and fun to do or will they really move some snow. How much snow do the move, how capable are they. Would it be foolish to relay on one for snow removal here in Nova Scotia, we get snow for a solid 4 months of the year and it can be a foot at a time. My driveway is about 60 to 100 feet long depending on how much I want to plow. I realize some modification will need to be made like tires, I would just hate to put in all the work and have it not be suitable. I have a snow blower now but absolutely hate it and looking for something else that isn't going to break the bank.
pasty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will my 84 be decent for snow plowing

Hi pasty and welcome to bgw...when you say tire modification,, do you have stock or bigger tire ??

http://www.golfcarthotrod.com/429/us...riveway-video/
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
pasty64
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
Hi pasty and welcome to bgw...when you say tire modification,, do you have stock or bigger tire ??

http://www.golfcarthotrod.com/429/us...riveway-video/

Just something more aggressive than the turf tires.

Thanks for the link
pasty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Howdy p64,

I believe I get about as much or more snow as what you are saying up here in the North Bay area.
I would hate to see you try to clean out a foot of snow with your buggy, first because I like the carts, second because I think it wouldn't last long and third because you may be spending a lot of effort and maybe money to turn something that was made for hauling maybe two people and some golf gear into a snow eating driveway devil!

The carts are not constructed in a way that would allow for any heavy pushing or impact loads through blading heavy snow around.
I suppose it would probably handle light snow and a frequently cleaned out driveway so you wouldn't ever get into heavy pushing of accumulated wet snow, but if you look at any pickup truck that does it for a livin...you'll see that they don't last long and go through a few repairs before they get retired and sold.

I would say "no" it isn't strong enough for the job.

On top of that there will have to be some serious work done to install framing to hold and handle the blade and to make the body or frame strong enough to handle what you can give it.

Hope that gives you a second thought.

Now if it was me wanting to do that, I'd go hell bent for leather and do it just to see if it would actually work!
Tell us what yer going to do and show us for sure!
Regards, J.
E-Z-RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
seoighs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ztzaY8GCpYg

...then call Don Plowman
seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well..tie me down and smear jam allover my ears!

I stand corrected, and I think I have big feet!
Never would have thought!

COOL...there you go, build it and snow will come.

Regards,J.
E-Z-RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasty64 View Post
Just something more aggressive than the turf tires.
Yeah,, this is what i thought,,, but there's plenty of peoples using the stock tire.. If you put few sand bag in the back,, you should be good for traction... Do you have a sloped driveway ????
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO