lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default 97 Non-MCI drivetrain - swap into 2006?

Here's the situation, I have had my '97 TXT for awhile and it's the best drivetrain I have ever had in a cart, the engine is a 350 with 295 head, the valve springs were modded as well as the cam, the carb was bored and polished, jetted, etc and the rear end was equipped with 6:1 gears as well as the clutches swapped out to 28 degree (also the ignition was replaced with no rev limiter)... Running 205's on 14" rims this thing will spin them on dry pavement and to sum it up, I just can't say enough about this drivetrain - 40mph has been done with it and hills are ZERO issues, this thing just pulls and purrs.

Now the question arises - I'm picking up a clean 1200 Workhorse tonight (2006) that has a blown engine, instead of just calling up CT Rebuilds and going the new MCI 373cc route, I was thinking about swapping the drivetrain from the 97 into the new cart, and then doing a modded Vegas Carts 460cc in the 97 (I really want the Workhorse factory-quiet as I use it for hunting along with other stuff so a BB in the new cart is off the table). In theory, swapping the engine and drivetrain should be relatively straightforward I would think, as long as I swap all the electronics, correct? I am assuming there will be a few little things such as swapping the shifters (1 vs 2-cable) but is there anything else that will prohibit the swap? My budget is partially the problem, if I can get the WH up and rolling fast and cheap that would allow me to put up the 97 and pick at it little by little, which I could live with (I just sold my 2011 MPT800 so I need a "work cart" up and rolling ASAP).

Any input or ideas would as always be greatly appreciated
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO