lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #21
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV Mods

I believe, though I could be wrong... you can take a factory RXV and add all of the 2Five options to it, making it a 2Five "look alike". It's just an RXV chassis with the LSV features and a $4K price increase.

And I agree JD62... I don't know what he is being quoted on an RXV or 2Five but I don't think I would spend an extra $4K on a 2Five
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #22
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Why does 5 MPH make such a difference?

Legal def. of golf cart- under 20 mph.
OVER 20mph -- LSV (Low speed vehicle, ---needs tag, insurance,4 wheel brakes, ect.ect.

RXV's could easily travel faster than 20 mph. We (the shop i work at) cannot make them
go any faster than factory settings.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #23
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
Ok sunking if i was you,,i would keep on looking because it is not cheap at this price.. I've buy my 2010 rxv for 2500$$ last year i know high speed gear are around 400$, but I think you can have more for your money.. But it's just me....
Wow around here a 2006 PDS goes for $2600 to $3000. I would think up North carts would go for more since they do not get as much use.

Don't get me wrong I like the RXV over all, but if I change to high speed gear I would want some real brakes on the thing for peice of mind. However my mind is still open and shopping. I really like CC and EZGO. I like CC because I think they make a better product by using an aircraft aluminum frame, but they are proud of them. I like the EZGO because parts are everywhere and very easy to customize. Its a toss up for me.

Still on the fence between building or a new LSV. Looks like in the end will both end up costing the same. New gets a 2/4 warranty.

If I build I am now thinking a CC frame, and use AC motor/controller with LFP batteries. 40 mph up hill is a peice of cake going that route.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Go find some older clubcars, preferably with no batteries in it. Look at how the corrosion has affected the frame and battery tray. No rust, Yep, batteries ready to fall out of the bottom, Yep! The frames also like to crack the welds when used for lifted/off-road use. They are lighter, no doubt. But they do not handle the corrosive effects of battery acid all that well. I know what i said will not be very popular with some, but i base it off what i have delt with over the last 8 years in a shop.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #25
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Go find some older clubcars, preferably with no batteries in it. Look at how the corrosion has affected the frame and battery tray. No rust, Yep, batteries ready to fall out of the bottom, Yep! The frames also like to crack the welds when used for lifted/off-road use. They are lighter, no doubt. But they do not handle the corrosive effects of battery acid all that well. I know what i said will not be very popular with some, but i base it off what i have delt with over the last 8 years in a shop.
Agree with Tony I do.

Battery acid eats aluminum faster then powder coated steel. I have seen many a CC frame crack in various places at the welds even when used on-road.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #26
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking View Post
Wow around here a 2006 PDS goes for $2600 to $3000. I would think up North carts would go for more since they do not get as much use.
Where do you live? In GA I see EZGO TXT/PDS/RXV's with new or fairy new batteries for $1800-$2200 all day every day. No mods of course, just off golf course carts with replaced batteries.

If the warranty is really that important to you buy new from a dealer -- however, your going to spend $4000 easy. Is a warranty really worth the extra money? The 3 main components, batteries, motor, controller can all be had for $650, $300-$400, $300-$400 respectively. Just throwing it out there, your money your decision in the end.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #27
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
i'm from montreal,, but i've buy my rxv in a dealer from olando FL
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #28
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAspec View Post
Where do you live?
The Republic of TX where golf is played 363 days a year. Xmas and Easter I don't play.

I can find say 2010 PDS or TXT in the $2000 range from private individuals, best I have seen is $1800 with 1 year old batteries. I am not married to CC or EZGO, so I take no offense or have a real bias. As of now I am good with both.

Being an EE with 35 years of battery plant experience I am surprised cart manufactures do not use fiberglass battery trays or at least epoxy coated. I work in the Telecom sector and all battery racks and trays we use are either Fiberglass or epoxy coated stainless steel. Conductive surfaces around batteries is kind of frowned upon in the telecom sector where 48 volt 20,000 AH batteries reside.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #29
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
The Republic of TX where golf is played 363 days a year. Xmas and Easter I don't play.

I can find say 2010 PDS or TXT in the $2000 range from private individuals, best I have seen is $1800 with 1 year old batteries. I am not married to CC or EZGO, so I take no offense or have a real bias. As of now I am good with both.

Being an EE with 35 years of battery plant experience I am surprised cart manufactures do not use fiberglass battery trays or at least epoxy coated. I work in the Telecom sector and all battery racks and trays we use are either Fiberglass or epoxy coated stainless steel. Conductive surfaces around batteries is kind of frowned upon in the telecom sector where 48 volt 20,000 AH batteries reside.
Look at a Yamaha G29/Drive cart. The battery trays and floor boards are poly of some kind and the frame is powder coated. At least my 2013 is. You can forget rust or corrosion in the tray. G29 will run 19 MPH with dealer installed PTV code with no other mods. G29 also has a disk brake that works well located inside the transaxle.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #30
TheAspec
Gone Wild

^^^

Was actually my preferred cart, just could not find one at a decent price at the time so I picked up the RXV which has been a great cart, one of my favorites. Still have an itch for a G29/Drive... maybe one day!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO