lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #21
runningthewheelsoffit
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Getting 1984 Running

Does anyone know if I can go to hardware store and get a bolt and use it as a puller if so how long and what size thanks any info helps
runningthewheelsoffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #22
shootnmiss09
Not Yet Wild

I was able to get the clutch out of cart! I just had to jack up engine a little more then I was before. Now I got a few more questions. I got it lying on the work bench, do I take the three bolts out and I can see the inside of the clutch? Is it spring loaded, where I would worry about parts popping out? Someone had mentioned, dry lube, what is that? And where do I lubricate it? thanks for all the help, I greatly appreciate it!
shootnmiss09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #23
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

They were talking about a graphite type lube. It won't have a tendency to attract and hold dirt. You don't really have to worry about it "flying" apart so much. You will find some counter weights that as the rpms increase, are "flung" outward away from the shaft. This action is what closes the drive clutch and forces the belt higher between the sheaves, drawing the belt down into the driven clutch. Just keep track of what you are taking apart so you can put it back together. I haven't had one apart in a long time and there are a couple of variations in design but the basic principal is the same.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #24
shootnmiss09
Not Yet Wild

I had the clutch apart. I cleaned the shafts, and cleaned out the inside of the clutch as best as I could. As far as I could tell, nothing looked broken. There were 3 sets of, what I would think you were reffering to as weights? Some of them looked like they have gotten worn, would this be causing my issue? Or is that normal? I have attached a picture for you to take a look at.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #25
shootnmiss09
Not Yet Wild

The clutch is still sticking, so any other ideas guys?
Old 09-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #26
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hitnmiss, "youtube" Marathon clutch rebuild. There's a great video on how to disassemble the driven clutch using thread-all and some common tools. I took mine apart and used emory cloth to clean up the shaft.... and cleaned really good. Reassemble and try again. If that doesnt work, you'll need to order a spring for yours as they lose their tension.

I cant remember the exact title of the video, it may be driven clutch rebuild. Keep us posted.

For the other member who asked how to get the clutch off, you'll need to order a clutch removal bolt to pull that clutch. Dont beat on it or you'll have to replace it. For ease of removal, use an impact gun, it'll pop off really quick.
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #27
shootnmiss09
Not Yet Wild

91kuhndog- I am having issues with the drive clutch sticking, the one right on the crankshaft, from what I can tell the driven clutch seems to be working like it should.

I have looked on some online sights, and just buying a new drive clutch for my 1984. But on a lot of the sights the ones they list for my year cart, doesn't look like the stock clutch. It seems to have a blavk plastic cover that my current one doesn't have, and I'm sure there are some other differences. Will it still work? I have attached a link to the one I am looking at.

http://www.golfcartking.com/EZGO-Dri...hon-p/9036.htm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO