lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: leaking fuel pump

You have a pressurized leak somewhere. Chock the tires, lock the FnR and start it up. Looks for leaks.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
monterx7
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
If there is fuel coming out of the carb vent, then I would think that the float valve in the carb bowl is not seating properly allowing fuel to overflow out of the vent. As far as fuel spraying out of the pump, that doesn't sound right. Even though its a new pump, are you sure the diaphragm isn't leaking?
anyway of checking/testing the diaphragm?
monterx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

KG...... for my own knowledge, if we are talking about the pump only, where would there be pressure coming from in the form of liquid? If the diaphragm is intact, then there only should be fuel flowing from the tank, thru the pump, and to the carb, correct? If the liquid is getting out of the pump thru that brass, then would you also see it getting back into the PCV line as well?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
monterx7
Not Yet Wild

The float valve seems to be free and not binding, when I took everything apart. What else could I look for before reinstalling everything?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411753223.358192.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411753240.590959.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411753251.560183.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411753262.524924.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411753274.846069.jpg
Old 09-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #15
monterx7
Not Yet Wild

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411753305.332153.jpg
Old 09-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Ok.... Couple of things:

1. slide out the pin that holds the float in place, slowly remove the float and the needle valve attached to it. It has a rubber tip that seals in a seat. Clean it up and reinstall
2. Check the float level per the book.... If im seeing it right, and your finger is not pressing it up, it looks a little high which would allow fuel to get into the vent and leak out.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
monterx7
Not Yet Wild

I need to find this book you speak of.

It seems after adjusting the carb valve/plate everything works like it should. Turns out, it was open a good bit when it ahouldnt have been. Cables adjusted too. Now no leaks coming from the fuel pump or carb overflow.

Weird how that one thing can effect/cause other issues. Hopefully no more fuel issues. Thanks to everyone that helped out.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:28 AM   #18
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Look in this section........
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
Old 09-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Monterx7, glad you got it behaving. Float level can be tricky and if it does have the rubber tip, that is one of a very common problem anymore because of ethanol eating them.

Scowboy, the fuel pump circuit per sey, has a vacuum line to the tank, a pulse line to the block and a pressure line to the carb. Pulse line surges the diaphragm/check valve and pushes fuel into the pressure line.

Now what is strange is if the pump was leaking before that was a lower pressure because the float needle wasn't shutting all the way off. Now that is, the pressure should be higher and should leak more..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #20
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I knew how the fuel pump worked (off crankcase pressure pulses) but I was just trying to figure out how it could be leaking if it had an intact diaphragm. But now I am following what you were getting at. I was curiously wondering that if there was a leak, and you are seeing it outside the pump, then wouldn't you also see it in the pcv line? But I suppose it could be only on one side of the chamber. Anyway, glad it was solved. Thanks guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO