lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
lhb
Not Yet Wild

Default what size lift?

I have a 1996 gas ezgo and have bought some 22-11-10 Duro tires with steel rims. what size lift do I need to fit these? will I need spacers and how do you tell? thanks! lloyd
lhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: what size lift?

at least 5" axle lift if not a 6" spindle lift. I would rather do a spindle lift
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
at least 5" axle lift if not a 6" spindle lift. I would rather do a spindle lift

chrisp6108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhb View Post
will I need spacers and how do you tell? thanks! lloyd
Did you buy offset wheels? if not you will need spacers.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
lhb
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the input! more questions if you will...there are 4" body lifts which are spacers below the leaf springs. will these suffice or are they too mickey mouse? also which is easier to install a drop axle kit or a spindle kit? will a 6" spindle lift make it too top heavy for grand kids to roll around the farm? the 10" steel rims have a 2" offset. thanks again. Lloyd I can turn a wrench but am not what you call a mechanic. with help from you tube should I attempt a spindle lift or a drop axle lift? thanks
Old 10-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I don't know what lift your speaking of but blocks under the rear leafs are common on all and if it's blocks under the front . I like the dropped axle lifts, only did a couple spindle lifts and the turning radius was terrible. A 4" lift would probably be safer for kids but with all lifts they have to be careful.

Just my 2 cents.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I've done a ton of the 4" economy lifts and never had one break or fail, even under ridiculous driving conditions - but the drop-axle and/or spindle lifts are definitely stronger, which can be of benefit for no other reason than peace of mind. 22's will fit with a 4" lift, but as mentioned above, 5 or 6" would give quite a bit more clearance, and on 22's shouldn't bee *too* tippy for the kids, as long as You have the governor set reasonably (a bypassed governor and a big lift can be a handful for adults, trust me I had not one but TWO carts rolled here at the Casa this summer alone, BOTH by "Grownups". Very INEBRIATED Grownups, but the point stands, LOL.

The rear portion of any kit is the hardest or at least the most time-consuming, a spindle front is a total no-brainer, fast and easy while the drop-axle can be a little fiddly (but still easier than the rear lift) - I personally like the spindles as they widen the stance and give a lot more stability, but everyone has their own favorite. If You do a spindle kit, best to grab a set of 2" spacers for the rear as the front becomes that much wider with a spindle lift. Also, pop the money for a Jakes kit either way You go - I have never had one of either style fail but I have had issues with some of the other kits out there.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #8
lhb
Not Yet Wild

thank you! I have purchased a Jakes 6'' drop axle lift and new HD leaf springs for the rear. Great folks to deal with! this website is the bomb don't know what I would have done without you guys. Putting you in for a big raise!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO