lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
carnivalgolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 ezgo marathon golf cart wont move

I need help big time, last year I went driving on my 1992 ezgo marathon 4C and hit a rock and since then the cart wont go in reverse or neutral, but it would still go forward so I could live with that, well last week I was driving it a while and the next day it would't move, the engine will go full speed but the tires won't move, I thought it was the hub splines, But their all good, when I put it on jack stands the right rear tire will spin but I can stop with my hand and the left tire doesn't move at all, I'm getting pretty mad lol. Can anybody get me any advice or help
carnivalgolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2014, 03:51 AM   #2
carnivalgolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 ezgo marathon golf cart wont move

If anybody has any ideas just post them
carnivalgolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
TQC
Getting Wild

Maybe the shift linkage got bent and won't allow it to engage all the way?
TQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm assuming that the clutches and belt are working as they should be, if that's the case and the driven clutch is spinning/engaging, start by checking that it's tight and that the splines on the input shaft are OK, also, if the bump or rock pinched or ? the shifter cables (one or both) it could be doing exactly as mentioned above and not allowing them to shift all the way into gear ... Once You've determined that the input to the trans is OK, I'd unhook the cables at the trans and try to shift it manually from F to R, see if that helps. Also make sure the shifter arm at the trans is tight, etc.

Let us know what You find, and if nothing then we'll go from there
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, gas, won't start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO