lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #21
JDH
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Added ScottyB's Voltage Reducer

Thanks jakesnake27, so I think I got it, red wire put a fuse in line and hook up to positive battery, green wire to positive in on fuse box, yellow wire to the switch on side, then split the black wire to the negative battery post and the negative on the fuse block .
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #22
JDH
Not Yet Wild

Thanks jakesnake27, I think I got it, red wire with in line fuse to positive battery, yellow wire to key switch on, green wire to positive on fuse box and split the black wire to negative on the fuse box and negative on the battery pack.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #23
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
Thanks jakesnake27, I think I got it, red wire with in line fuse to positive battery, yellow wire to key switch on, green wire to positive on fuse box and split the black wire to negative on the fuse box and negative on the battery pack.
You've got it except for two things:
1.) The red input wire should already have an inline fuse installed on it.
2.) I ran my reducer negative to the fuse block, then just ran one negative wire from the main negative to negative side of fuse block.
Does that make sense?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #24
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think I ran either a 10 or 12 gauge from the battery pack negative to the fuse block, this wire was part of the wire harness & it passes through the OBC so any power consumed will get recorded by the OBC to charge it back up fully.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #25
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I think I ran either a 10 or 12 gauge from the battery pack negative to the fuse block, this wire was part of the wire harness & it passes through the OBC so any power consumed will get recorded by the OBC to charge it back up fully.
Yep, forgot to mention that, run negative off of B- on controller so the OBC records the draw.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #26
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Yep, forgot to mention that, run negative off of B- on controller so the OBC records the draw.
How much power can we put through that factory wire?
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The factory negative accessory wire with the bullet connector is 10ga.

Your 30amp@12v converter at full load will use less than 10amp@48v.

It will work fine.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #28
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The factory negative accessory wire with the bullet connector is 10ga.

Your 30amp@12v converter at full load will use less than 10amp@48v.

It will work fine.
Thanks!
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #29
JDH
Not Yet Wild

Yes red wire has a fuse in line already attached, so I get I don't split the black wire just put to negative on the fuse block but now don't understand the obc wire, I see it but does it connect to the obc Or just pass through? I was already going to put a wire from negative pack to negative fuse box. I did get a post that I think Goes in place of that black wire trough the obc. So where do I attach the added wire coming from the controller b- to? Sorry wiring is so confusing to me.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
Yes red wire has a fuse in line already attached, so I get I don't split the black wire just put to negative on the fuse block but now don't understand the obc wire, I see it but does it connect to the obc Or just pass through? I was already going to put a wire from negative pack to negative fuse box. I did get a post that I think Goes in place of that black wire trough the obc. So where do I attach the added wire coming from the controller b- to? Sorry wiring is so confusing to me.
That comment about the bullet connector is specific to a Precedent model.

We are not referring to the OBC wire, but the fact the OBC measures all current going in and out of the battery pack.

I think you said you had a 2001 DS, the IQ model had a little junction box off the controller B- for accessories negative connections.

In all club car models with an OBC, You can just add another 5/16" ring connector to the controller B- terminal and run that to your fuse box negative Bus.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car