lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #11
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?

Every state has some wording like this in their VC.

California Vehicle Code Section 21(a) Except as otherwise expressly provided, the provisions of this code are applicable and uniform throughout the state and in all
counties and municipalities therein, and a local authority shall not
enact or enforce any ordinance or resolution on the matters covered
by this code, including ordinances or resolutions that establish
regulations or procedures for, or assess a fine, penalty, assessment,
or fee for a violation of, matters covered by this code, unless
expressly authorized by this code.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2015, 03:21 PM   #12
BorisM
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
That is a different situation. Federal motor vehicle standards apply everywhere in the country. There are no cases where a local jurisdiction can make them more stringent. Only the states can do that but rarely do. It is a matter of uniformity otherwise, car manufacturers would have to build separate models for each state in which they are sold. Only things like front license plates and smog controls are different between states. The former is easily handled by the dealer. The latter is done at the factory.
Every state has different window tint laws is another example.
BorisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #13
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ther are some "state changes" allowed for NEV's. Like some require windshield wipers and some require disk brakes among other things. A lot of people lump NEV's and golf cart together because they look alike. If it got a tag it would fit into gregorio post and subject to state/federal laws. No tag or title and it's a golf cart and it's regulated by local rules.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #14
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

So, apparently I am right and wrong. The feds did create a new LSV/NEV class of vehicle but gave the states the power to delegate equipment requirements to local jurisdictions. They can make the federal safety equipment requirements more stringent but cannot specify the performance requirements of the equipment itself.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #15
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

In either case I think this is a good law/regulation for the community to adopt. I always thought the CC cyclops headlight was inadequate for night time driving. It directs most of the light on the ground directly in front of you and it isn't adjustable. It was OK when I stayed in Florida and just drove it around the gated community.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #16
Kermit8matt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here's the link if anyone cares to see it.
http://www.roanoketexas.com/315/Golf-Cart-Permit
Apparently they have been failing carts with only the single headlight like my club car has.

Overall I think it's a fairly lenient set of restrictions, but regardless I have to come up with something.
Kermit8matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #17
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is what I said earlier. People get NEV/LSV's confused with golf carts. It surprises me that they don't require brake lights and turn signals.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #18
SilverPhantom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
See my avatar. Club Car Phantom Body. Tahoe got them
JJ,

I also have the phantom body and the dual headlights, but I have the stock bumper under the front cowl. I'm on my phone so I can't tell for sure, but do you have the phantom body lights AND a set of lights on the bumper for the normal Precedent body? I've been thinking of doing that to mine, but wondered how it would look? How does it draw on he batteries? Did you wire them into the same switch or do you have a separate switch?

Thanks,
SP
SilverPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #19
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

SilverPhantom, The current draw is very low for LED lights. It could possibly burn for weeks with the size of the battery pack. First of all I have a 48v to 12v converter that is wired to the key switch, so this shuts down everything when the key is off. The cyclops light is wired as a DRL, it is always on except when the main headlights are on. I wired a relay into the light switch so that when you turn on the lights it turns off the DRL. If you decide to do this let me know and I'll make you a drawing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Phantom.jpg (117.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-18-2015, 03:04 PM   #20
kshoemaker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I added 2 LEDs to the brush guard on my Precedent (bottom of page 1).
kshoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car