lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2015, 07:49 AM   #1
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Which motor to choose

I have a 98 dcs which i have upgraded to 48V with a 400amp Alltrax controller with a HD solenoid and upgraded to 4 gauge cables. The motor is stock and its got a grinding noise. Im looking at upgrading to maybe the bandit ot this motor off ebay, I dont really want to loose any torque but the one on ebay is a speed motor, i really have no clue which one will be best for my needs, not gonna be doing off roading or anything.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171480145044
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which motor to choose

well most DC motors will run on either 36v or 48v....but whether or not they are DESIGNED to run on either is another question....and if you look closely at the picture, on the motors label its shows to be a 36v motor.

I did find this for it though......

Admiral motor.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
chriskent85
Gone Wild

the factory motor is not designed to run on 48v but i dont think ive heard of anyone having problems running them on 48v.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
the factory motor is not designed to run on 48v but i dont think ive heard of anyone having problems running them on 48v.
well if you run stock motors on 48v, and start putting a lot of extra "juice" to them, they will eventually fail, its just a mater of how long they will last, and how much EXTRA you run through them.

Personally if I were going to drop that much cash on something, I would like to see it in writing that is OK to run it on 48V.

AND if you do a google, you can find Admiral MOT-B2 motors like that for less....maybe not very much less, but there ya go.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Found some posts on our forum in the club car section, they were old (08-10) but the people that were chiming in loved theirs and some of them were running theirs on 48v.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ral-motor.html
Old 06-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It gets a little tricky to explain why, but some aftermarket "speed" motors actually have more torque than the stock motors they replace.

I'm not a 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure the Admiral MOT-B2 is one of those motors.

If you go with it, be sure to change the Field Map in the DCX400, which probably has Map #3 loaded for the stock DCS motor, to the correct one for a MOT-B2 (call Alltrax for correct Map)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I have the new field map, Now just waiting till the new motor comes in and then I'm gonna send the old motor to plubquick, when i get it back i will do a comparison.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:42 AM   #8
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Well I installed the motor this morning and it seems like it has the same torque and it is slower than the stock pds motor that is on it. I still have to change the field map on my altrax to the pds field map.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
Well I installed the motor this morning and it seems like it has the same torque and it is slower than the stock pds motor that is on it. I still have to change the field map on my altrax to the pds field map.
Did the cart you described as a 98 DCS in your #1 post, have a PDS motor in it?

In any case, the field map ought to be the one specifically written for a RH Admiral MOT-B2 rather than one written for a stock DCS motor or one written for a stock PDS motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #10
chriskent85
Gone Wild

the cart is a DCS, I was getting 33 with the dcs motor, I put a PDS motor in it and it would go 33mph, The admiral motor says its a pds/dcs. I called altrax and they sent the the other field map, I told them what i had bought.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO