lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default ezgo 36 volt

Im new to the golf cart world, anyway I have a 95 ezgo that runs great however today reverse quit working all eles is good. my batteries are 2months old trojans, I used my volt meter and tested a few things like batteries,micro switch, forward reverse switch output, I get all the clicks. 36.8 volt at the wires off of the f&r switch. then when I press the gas the output volts from the f&r switch goes to 37.8 volts but no motor movement. about 2 months ago I put all new 4 guage cables on with the new batteries. (all the cables) I hope thats enough information. Like I said Im new to carts but I sure dont mind getting my hands dirty. 36 volt
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: ezgo 36 volt

Is yours a "series" or "sepex" system? Where is the shifter located? And does the shift handle have a actuator rod to the passenger side of the cart under the seat? Maybe post a pic from the under-seat area of your cart to include the passenger side area.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: ezgo 36 volt

Thanks alot for the reply, my cart is a series cart.
Didnt mean to take so long to answer but I have been somewhat busy, My mother just passed away so I was at the hospital everyday. then having to plan a service for her.
Anyway I am stupid when its time to post a picture, I always have to wait for one of my kids to come over. Its even more of a problem as they get older and have their own lives.
After reading several post on the forum I think I may have caused the problem with my reverse by installing 4 guage cables. So I ordered a new heavy duty switch and put it in so all is good now. As the budget allows I will upgrade the other parts. controller,motor ect. but as for now the cart is fine.
I just need to do that ear plug thing to the back up alarm.
Thanks alot guys
Jim,S
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo 36 volt

Very sorry for your loss.
God bless.
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO