lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #1
Tpruett
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 Ezgo TXT 48 receiver connection

I have a TXT 48 and the charger started giving me a two blink red light fault code. The plug from the charger is a delta plug. I started cleaning the battery connections and thought one of the positive terminal connections running from the receiver to the first battery seemed almost corroded through. There are three wires running from the receiver to the batteries. One black negative to the last negative terminal in the series, one red positive to the first positive terminal in the series, and one grey wire which also connects at the first positive terminal.

I realize I still have an issue I have to resolve with at least one battery not taking a charge. But now I have created another problem for myself with the grey wire mentioned above. Thinking this connector was almost corroded through I cut all the plastic away from this connection. It wasn't a typical connection and after I had cut the plastic away, I found that the plastic was covering some type of diode or sensor. My question is, what exactly is this and can I purchase a replacement for it without having to buy a new receiver assembly for close to $90 bucks?
Tpruett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2015, 11:41 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 Ezgo TXT 48 receiver connection

It is a temp sensor. It can be bought seperately from fullriver battery.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #3
Tpruett
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 Ezgo TXT 48 receiver connection

Thanks! Usually I can find things on the Internet and YouTube but haven't had much luck on this situation.
Tpruett is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO