lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Need help with 2005 Precendent

A friend picked up a 2005 Precedent 4X12. It wasn't running. He bought 4 new T1275 batteries. We installed them today. The microswitch in the MCOR clicks. The MCOR measures 1100 ohms at full throttle. The solenoid clicks. The reverse buzzer sounds but the cart won't move. It has a 1510-5201 controller. Everything in the wiring looks good except a diode?? in the big yellow wire off the solenoid. I don't know what it does. I have not reset the OBC. Is there anything I'm missing before we start looking for a controller? Any ideas are really appreciated.

Note, The diode?? I mentioned is device #29 on post #14 on the sticky Club Car Wiring Diagrams.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need help with 2005 Precendent

Check for motor continuity, that will help to eliminate a motor issue. make sure the solenoid is really working. Not sure what yellow wire you are mentioning.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unless I'm reading this wrong. That diode has no connection to the big wires on the solenoid. It's connected between the small wires on the solenoid. I'll see if I can find a picture. You aren't thinking the precharge resistor is a diode are you. It connects to the large terminals. PS some of the large wire colors are different since I upgraded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014 The year 156.jpg (391.4 KB, 0 views)
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Unless I'm reading this wrong. That diode has no connection to the big wires on the solenoid. It's connected between the small wires on the solenoid. I'll see if I can find a picture. You aren't thinking the precharge resistor is a diode are you? It connects to the large terminals. PS some of the large wire colors are different since I upgraded.
No it's not the precharge resistor. I am calling it a diode?? I don't know what it is. It is about 1 inch long 3/8 dia. and black. I can't post pics with this laptop. In the wiring diagram sticky it appears to be device #29 on post 14. See diagramhttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...iagrams-2.html
Old 07-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Place your ohm meter across it. Both directions. If its a diode it should read open one way and about 500 ohms the other. If its a resistor it should show some resistance. If its shows a open circuit remove it because it doesn't belong there.(it may have been a fuse).
Old 07-25-2015, 04:53 PM   #6
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Place your ohm meter across it. Both directions. If its a diode it should read open one way and about 500 ohms the other. If its a resistor it should show some resistance. If its shows a open circuit remove it because it doesn't belong there.(it may have been a fuse).
After taking a hard second look it was the resistor. It measures 248 ohms. I checked the motor and got about 1250 ohms between F! and F2 and 5 ohms between A1 and A2. No shorts between the case and any terminals.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #7
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have no idea what the resistance readings should be but sometimes even through the solenoid clicks it doesn't mean it's working. To check remove all of the wires off one of the large terminals. Connect your ohm meter across both large terminals and activate solenoid. The reading should go from open to zero ohms.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:32 PM   #8
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I have no idea what the resistance readings should be but sometimes even through the solenoid clicks it doesn't ermean it's working. To check remove all of the wires off one of the large terminals. Connect your ohm meter across both large terminals and activate solenoid. The reading should go from open to zero ohms.
I'm going to check that in the morning. If it checks good I think a new controller is in order.. Not a bad deal for a free cart. New batteries, new controller equals one 2005 Precedent. What a deal!!

Anybody got a 1510-5201 they want to sell????
Old 07-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you don't find one check the new one out that Scotty b sells.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #10
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

While we are waiting to hear the outcome tomorrow I'd like to ask a question. Has anyone else noticed that Club Car uses a 250 ohm precharge resistor on their 48v carts? All the literature I've read calls for a 470 ohm resistor for a 48v cart. Does it make any kind of difference?
Quote:
After taking a hard second look it was the resistor. It measures 248 ohms
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car