lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
delete1616
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ GO 350 amp controller upgrade for RXV

I was surfing ytube earlier and came across a video showing this 350 amp controller in a RXV. I searched the forums a little and didn't find anything related to this. I headed over to Shop EZGO and found the parts for 1349. It looks like it comes with controller, new battery cables, and some install hardware. Has anyone seen one of these in action or jumped on buying one? seems like a lot for 115 amps but everyone wants a little extra
delete1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZ GO 350 amp controller upgrade for RXV

I have done 'em. It is better than stock by far when paired with larger tires. I have done my own tuning on it, that made it into a tire-squealing fun machine. It scares people who were expecting a stock rxv. It didnt come with 19mph "freedom mode" enabled. And will not enable speeds above 19mph in stock configuration (even with "freedom mode").
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hmmmm....so.......how does a controller, say, fail (die in not so suspicious circumstances)
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Found this EZGO video regarding upgrade.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Mwvngj8D8
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:16 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
hmmmm....so.......how does a controller, say, fail (die in not so suspicious circumstances)
Hmmm, not so sure what your gettin' at. But if it is about "non stock tuning circumstances", dont worry, i dont tune them that way for anything other than internal testing. And i wasnt basing my improvement claim on a "tuned" configuration.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
delete1616
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That was the video I came across, I may have to add this to my upgrade wishlist 👍
Old 07-31-2015, 10:24 AM   #7
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

My friend put one in his along with high speed gears, 14" rims and lopro tires, stock height. Says that it flys mow. He loves it.
Btw he kept the 4x12 batts for now and said that he has more range as well as speed.
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:43 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I have done 'em. It is better than stock by far when paired with larger tires. I have done my own tuning on it, that made it into a tire-squealing fun machine. It scares people who were expecting a stock rxv. It didnt come with 19mph "freedom mode" enabled. And will not enable speeds above 19mph in stock configuration (even with "freedom mode").
cg, so are these new controllers more tunable than the old original ones ? and using what tool do tell ??
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:02 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
cg, so are these new controllers more tunable than the old original ones ? and using what tool do tell ??
1311-4401 programmer, same as before (2012.5 & newer curtis models). Equally as programmable, but more fun . If you replace a danaher controller with this setup, the programming options are greatly increased from original danaher. It launches so hard (with my full race tune), i had to go back through the rear suspension & retighten everything to get rid of clunks.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #10
delete1616
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the replies and help. One more question, if I don't have access to a programmer what are the stock settings as it comes from the factory?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO