lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #1
Okgrape
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 ezgo marathon problems

I recently acquired this cart that had been sitting for several years. Someone stole the batteries out of it and cut the cables to remove them. I have been doing my best to rewire it and get this thing going but I am no golf cart mechanic. I can work on diesel pickups all day but this thing has me stumped. I put all new batteries in it, new cables for all the batteries and hooked up the negative from the controller to the open negative post on the last battery and hooked up the positive wire from the solenoid to the positive post on the what I believe is the first battery. Anyway everything was ripped out and it didn't have a key so I jumped power to what I believe is the speed sensor? Research told me it needed power there to send to the controller. After that I hit the accelerator and hears the solenoid click and could hear a fairly faint solid "beep" from one of the electronics. Imagine the reverse buzzer but very very quiet. No movement when this happened. NOW the solenoid isn't clicking. I am showing 36 volts on both sides of the solenoid as well for some reason. I'm at a loss and don't know if I need a new controller, speed control, solenoid or what.... Help me! Lol thanks in advance.
Okgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Okgrape
Not Yet Wild

Also if a controller and whatnot is needed where is the best place to buy aftermarket? How big can I go with the factory motor assuming it's good?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 ezgo marathon problems

The potentiometer has a voltage switch on it (ms 3) used to trigger the solenoid. Does the solenoid click each time you press the gas? The actual throttle signal is 0-5k ohms.

This diagram should be close enough to get you going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo marathon controller cart.jpg (172.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
Okgrape
Not Yet Wild

I want to say it used to click but I may have shorted it out...
Old 08-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
Okgrape
Not Yet Wild

The potentiometer goes from 0 with no throttle to 6k at full throttle. There is a switch that isn't sending voltage to the solenoid on the throttle mechanism that isn't working though unless I jump it.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Okgrape
Not Yet Wild

Ok all I hear is the faint electrical whistle/buzz sound when I give it throttle. No movement and new batteries....
Old 08-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #7
Okgrape
Not Yet Wild

After jacking up the rear of the cart and giving it throttle the back tires barely try to move. When I say barely I mean it would take a half hour to make a full rotation if it were to even get that far. Need help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO