lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2015, 01:19 AM   #1
madmike30269
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Marathon back Top Supports

I am restoring a 1993 Marathon and bought a used top and front/rear supports from a golf cart junk yard of sorts. I am missing something on the back to attached the rear supports to hold the top. I have looked high and low for the right pieces to put the top on and can't find anything that makes sense.
I have attached a picture of the top and the support rods that I bought and a picture of the back of the Marathon. What am I missing and where do I get it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGM Back.jpg (194.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg EZGM top and poles.jpg (106.7 KB, 0 views)
madmike30269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Marathon back Top Supports

I know nothing about tops on Marathons, but here is a picture I stumbled across in another thread that shows how it is mounted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4886.jpg (221.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is another one. In this case a '91. This was the OEM solution. Don't have a side view and also don't have the cart anymore so I can't be of any more help. Sorry. As I recall, the roof supports were one piece. The mounts for the bag holder were a separate piece and bolted to the roof supports at the bend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5020021.JPG (284.5 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:53 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I see the issue. Whomever had your cart before cut the roof supports just above where they hold the seat backs on. I just re-welded these on my buddies cart as he had the same issue with his recently acquired marathon.

We just cleaned up the surfaces and flattened them out with a grinder so there were no high-points. Applied the appropriate amount of beer, measured twice and then welded them up.

He wanted the back of his roof lower than the front so it made the weld easier to do. But just clamp it on and check how it looks *before* welding...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #5
madmike30269
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB and Kernal. Those photos help. Looks like in both cases the supports are one piece and connect at the bottom of each seat brace (and I have holes there to do that) and then attach at the extension off the back of the seat, then finally at the top of the, well top. Those one piece supports are obviously linger than 27" and have a bend in the middle.
Question is, where can I find those longer supports. Would one of you guys go remove them from the pictured carts and send them to me? I will give you $5 plus shipping :).

Thanks again!

Mike
Old 08-25-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
madmike30269
Not Yet Wild

Thank you BronsonJ... I agree it appears they cut off the supprts. You would think for $300 you would get a golf cart that wasn't chopped up! :) I can't weld so my hope is to buy new seat braces without the ends cut off and then the supports to fit it.
I just can't find them anywhere. Guess I will call Buggies Unlimited tomorrow and see if they can help?

Mike
Old 08-26-2015, 06:57 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The rear roof supports are readily available. They are just two struts that attach at the bottom of the seat backs and the roof. The receptacles in the seat backs are for the bag holder which is a separate piece.

Google " rear top support set ezgo marathon"

There is also a kit to replace these if you are installing a rear seat.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canopy, marthon, supports, top
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO