lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2015, 11:01 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Can someone tell me what this wire is? (Pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassk View Post
Question, Should the accessories negative be at the controller , the other side of the OBC?
Per Club Car requirements, all accessories should be tied in with the controller. It helps the OBC read how much power has been removed from the battery pack. In this particular application, the yellow bullet connector ties into the system at the controller and would work exactly as they intended. However, as an individual owner who has no reason to read the Energy Unit readings from within the OBC, it really doesn't matter.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #12
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Per Club Car requirements, all accessories should be tied in with the controller. It helps the OBC read how much power has been removed from the battery pack. In this particular application, the yellow bullet connector ties into the system at the controller and would work exactly as they intended. However, as an individual owner who has no reason to read the Energy Unit readings from within the OBC, it really doesn't matter.
Thanks, does the energy units affect the charge cycle, as if none used would keep a charge from occurring, I think I saw checking a pack that the cart hasn't moved is wait 30 seconds and plug back in and it will taper off in a few minutes. and the only way to get the units is with a reader, old OB1 for cars could jumper two wires and read the code on the dash light,

Anyway thanks for answering our questions because I for one have learned a great deal about the club Cars , we have an 03 IQ DS and I think mine is a 99 DS Power drive plus , has the GE controller and 101854501 5BC59JBS6251C MOTOR, searching older threads have covered most things I have run into,..
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassk View Post
Thanks, does the energy units affect the charge cycle, as if none used would keep a charge from occurring, I think I saw checking a pack that the cart hasn't moved is wait 30 seconds and plug back in and it will taper off in a few minutes. and the only way to get the units is with a reader, old OB1 for cars could jumper two wires and read the code on the dash light,

Anyway thanks for answering our questions because I for one have learned a great deal about the club Cars , we have an 03 IQ DS and I think mine is a 99 DS Power drive plus , has the GE controller and 101854501 5BC59JBS6251C MOTOR, searching older threads have covered most things I have run into,..
It won't affect anything except for data logging. The OBC will self adjust while charging.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It may not affect much, but the way I understand the OBC operation, during a charge cycle it will replace 110% of the energy units removed.

If at the end of the 110% cycle, the pack voltage is less than 58.8v, the OBC will switch to dv/dt algorithm and continue to charge.

If you are using a good voltage converter, the current used on the 48v side will be 1/3 or less of the 12v side, but I cannot think of any pluses of not tapping the negative off the B- and letting the OBC account for that current.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #15
C Ryan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot for all this information. Glad to know this wire is stock and the only alteration to my cart is the lights. I think the fact that the wire is black and around 10 gauge confused me since that is not how it seems to labeled. Of course, it appears they hooked up the lights across two batteries without a reducer.

Not sure how the lights are working properly at 16 volts but they are.
C Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car