lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #11
Stone
Gone Wild

Default Re: 86 marathon, some insight please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I see that you have done a muffler BBQ. Have you tried disconnecting the muffler, and making a test run since then?
I did BBQ the muffler but I was distracted by the ribs on the smoker, the beer, and the guys so I didn't bang it and blow out the crap, I am going to take it off again and see if I can blow through it.

I did do a test run without the muffler before I BBQ'd it and did see some improvement but nothing drastic............I was also busy watching for the police
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You could also be looking at leaking head, or cylinder gaskets.

The engine is losing it's ability to make power from somewhere.

Sometimes it's easier to eliminate all of the possibilities at once with a rebuild.

New gaskets, new rings, new seals, and all of the bolts get re-torqued making it a nice airtight engine.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Is there any way for you to post a video? I sure would like to hear this thing run.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:39 PM   #14
Stone
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Is there any way for you to post a video? I sure would like to hear this thing run.
I can do a video tomorrow and post it.

We just want to get through this hunting season before we dump a bunch of money into a rebuild.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #15
gotplz2
Not Yet Wild

I'm having the same problem with mine. I've put a new fuel pump on it and now I'm cleaning the carb.
gotplz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:35 PM   #16
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I am going to check the seals today.

I have measured the belt and ordered a new one just in case but based on what I saw when I watched it try to go up a steep hill I don't think it's the belt. However..........I am basing that on my limited knowledge of how this entire process works. Correect me if I am wrong but if the belt were worn, wouldn't the primary clutch spin and just not grab the belt? I saw the primary barely spinning and the engine not revving.
Yes it would be spinning and not grabbing the belt. There are several things that could be causing this. Like the others have said, clean the carb and check the fuel pump and crank seals. Does it crank reliably? Bad crank seals or fuel flow would typically cause it to be stubborn to start needing to use the choke etc. Reason is the crank seals keep the case sealed allowing crankcase pressure to pulse the fuel pump and also draw fuel/air out of the carb. Reeds that aren't sealing will cause problems as well.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO