lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Private Speed Mode 4 for $100

Going threw past CC electric posts when I came across one where the OP was only going 8mph. Member said to take it in to a CC dealer to have it reprogrammed. Also said for $100 they can go to Private Speed Mode 4.

What is that $100 for? Programming or for parts? 20mph for my little mule seems plenty fast for what I would need from it. After reading about all the costly upgrades for sparky speed, it also seems like a screaming deal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed-controller-04-iq-speed-settings.jpg (78.9 KB, 0 views)
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2015, 06:09 AM   #2
bakerm07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Private Speed Mode 4 for $100

Just do the high speed magnet upgrade and call it a day!
bakerm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

100 dollars gets you a sticker with three numbers on it. Those are the numbers that the dealer must enter into the controller to unlock speed setting 4. A speed magnet will give you better results for less than half the price.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Given cookies and the internet an ad came up with your e-bay page selling the magnet. EXCELLENT write up on what is happening with this mod. Clicky

After reading it I see what I would be giving up is braking power going down hills.
Quote:
'The regenerative motor braking becomes completely disabled when this magnet is installed and will allow you to "free-wheel" down hills.'

In the area I live in, that could be a safety issue. CC with their IQ system has given me an equivalent to a very expensive diesel Jake brake. Going down a steep washboard gravel road in a top heavy tippy LSV with only two small drum brakes does seem like a poor design. Might explain why CC did what they did in the case of a brake fade run-a-way or operator error.

I am very pleased that the ad told the whole story so a person can make an intelligent choice. Thank you.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Given cookies and the internet an ad came up with your e-bay page selling the magnet. EXCELLENT write up on what is happening with this mod. Clicky

After reading it I see what I would be giving up is braking power going down hills.

In the area I live in, that could be a safety issue. CC with their IQ system has given me an equivalent to a very expensive diesel Jake brake. Going down a steep washboard gravel road in a top heavy tippy LSV with only two small drum brakes does seem like a poor design. Might explain why CC did what they did in the case of a brake fade run-a-way or operator error.

I am very pleased that the ad told the whole story so a person can make an intelligent choice. Thank you.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car