lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
bsain
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New Team Clutches Really Noisy

The driven clutch came apart on my 2008 RXV and needed to be replaced. My repair guy advised me to also replace the drive clutch because EZGO doesn't manufacture the originals anymore and there are known problems with them. I followed his advice and had both clutches replaced with "Team" brand clutches. The Team clutches work OK but are extremely noisy. The cart now mostly sits in my garage because I can hardly stand to drive it because of the noise the clutches make. It's like sitting next to a jet aircraft engine. They are more then twice as loud the original clutch set.

Has anyone else had this problem. Is there any way to make them run quieter?
bsain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
bsain
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Team Clutches Really Noisy - update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsain View Post
The driven clutch came apart on my 2008 RXV and needed to be replaced. My repair guy advised me to also replace the drive clutch because EZGO doesn't manufacture the originals anymore and there are known problems with them. I followed his advice and had both clutches replaced with "Team" brand clutches. The Team clutches work OK but are extremely noisy. The cart now mostly sits in my garage because I can hardly stand to drive it because of the noise the clutches make. It's like sitting next to a jet aircraft engine. They are more then twice as loud the original clutch set.

Has anyone else had this problem. Is there any way to make them run quieter?
I was able to find a reasonably priced new Kawasaki Drive Clutch and used Driven clutch for my RXV. I removed the team clutches and replaced them with OEM Kawasaki's and the cart is back to running smooth and quiet again.

One problem though. The starter belt pulley on the new Kawasaki drive clutch wobbles a bit. Is this normal? Will the wobble cause any harm to the shaft bearing? Any way to true it up?
bsain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Team Clutches Really Noisy

Sounds like there may be an issue with your TEAM clutch setup. Mine is quiet and smooth.
Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #4
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Team Clutches Really Noisy - update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsain View Post
I was able to find a reasonably priced new Kawasaki Drive Clutch and used Driven clutch for my RXV. I removed the team clutches and replaced them with OEM Kawasaki's and the cart is back to running smooth and quiet again.

One problem though. The starter belt pulley on the new Kawasaki drive clutch wobbles a bit. Is this normal? Will the wobble cause any harm to the shaft bearing? Any way to true it up?
You could put in a spring loaded idler pulley. If this is 2 stroke needing to run both directions, you would need 2 idlers, one per side so that the belt will always be tight on the pull side. This is something we do with Corvairs, spring loaded idler, works great.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO