lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
IMPA105817
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 EZGO Bogs down after 5 minutes

Hey guys,
Im having the same issue like everyone else but I cant seem to find the right thread on here to solve my issue.

I purchased an 03 ezgo txt 295cc, and since i purchased it i managed to do the following.

1.) change spark plugs/ filter/ oil
2.) clean out carb
3.) check fuel pump....works
4.) valves are set to .004

The issue.....after 5 to 10 minute runs my golf cart starts to bog down. When i pull the choke a little bit it begins to work again.....im afraid to keep running it with the choke on.

Questions

1.) is this normal to pull the choke when this issue happens?
2.) could it be a coil issue?

History facts:
1.) i checked fuel flow and it works great
2.) gas cap is removed when bogs down and the cart still has an issue.

I see so many threads on here where the issue is so minor, so your input would be great in solving this one before my wallet ends up screaming at me
IMPA105817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: 03 EZGO Bogs down after 5 minutes

I'm gonna say if it's not a fuel filter, pull the carb and completely clean it. if that doesn't work than it may be rings? Check compression??
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
cwilliams27
Not Yet Wild

Although I am not an expert in golf carts, i am pretty good with engines. When you say you cleaned the carb did you pull both jets and run a piece of wire thru them? Cleaning the gunk out of the bowl doesnt clean the jets. Also when you set the valves was it at the cam or the valve? I adjusted mine wrong the other day and they were too tight at the cam. They are supposed to be adjusted so the arm to cam clearance is .004.
Since it bogs after it is warm I wouldnt suspect compression. You would have more issues when cold if it were compression. the piston grows with heat and makes the compression higher. I would bet it is a clogged jet or tweaking the air fuel knob. I know it doesnt change much but it could be a combination of the two. Bog usually means lean.
cwilliams27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
IMPA105817
Not Yet Wild

I agree on the compression comment.....what about the coils? I am waiting for an argument to rule this out.

As for the carb cleaning , i just managed to remove the bowl and spray carb cleaner in every hole.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

There is definitely two good points here that need to be covered... A thorough carb cleaning will have to be a removal of the carb and pull the jets and cleaned to ensure that all visible passages are clear... Blow it out good and clean and install... The other point of compression, seeing as it quits after getting hot is also legit... The Fuji 295 and 350 are notorious for mushrooming the intake valve and you constantly have to adjust valve lash... Also, electrical components tend to find weak spots and fail when heat builds up.. I would start with the carb and valves and see what you come up with... Compression values are critical...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #6
IMPA105817
Not Yet Wild

Okay so i woke up early this morning, and said "nothing is better than cleaning out a carb on a Saturday morning"!

After opening the carb i noticed once again sediment was residing in the bowl. It wasnt as bad as the first time cleaning it..... but it was noticible. After cleaning out All parts of the carb and putting it back on , i managed to have a good 20 minute run with no issues.......fingers crossed i hope this solved the problem.

Anyway this leaves me with following questions.

1.) was the little bit of sediment that was left in the carb bowl and needle be enough to make my golf cart bog down?

I can only drive this around the block so many times, since im afraid to go far and get stuck.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #7
IMPA105817
Not Yet Wild

Picture of the sediment that i captured in a tupperware

Old 03-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #8
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Anything hanging out in the bowl can get sucked up and partially impede an air passage....and it won't run right. Since you didn't do a thorough cleaning the first time, the sediment you found was probably hiding after the first cleaning. You loosened it up, but it didn't break loose until the gas started sloshing around.

You should probably clean it a couple more times after running it a while each time just to make sure you have it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #9
IMPA105817
Not Yet Wild

So to confirm this sediment could of been the probable cause?

also there should be no sediment whats so ever??
Old 03-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPA105817 View Post
So to confirm this sediment could of been the probable cause?

also there should be no sediment whats so ever??
Both very accurate statements! If you do not have a fuel filter on this cart, get one. You probably have a significant amount of sentiment in the old gas tank and you need to keep that out of the carb. Also, make sure you have a clean and appropriate air filter, same reason.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO