lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Default Another Idiot and a EZGO

2001 gas ezgo runs great for about 15 min. Then it bogs down to the point it won't climb a hill. Just had in shop and had new fuel pump, new carb, new spark plugs,oil changed, new air filter, valves adjusted. What should I do next? Have valves readjusted or could exhaust possibly be stopped up? Repairman got me for $700 last time can't handle that again.

Thanks in advance
Rdangeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Another Idiot and a EZGO

Never heard of a plugged muffler on a 4 cycle, I would go with the valve adjustment next.. 15 minute job.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...djustment.html

$700???? .. like Red Green says "if you're not good looking you better be handy"
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #3
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I've only had one ez go ever have an exhaust plugged up and that was a dirt dauber.. If you can feel the flow from the down pipe you should be good... I would go with Stove Bolt on this one and check compression and move onto valve adjustment if comp is low... here again $700???? You can get a rebuilt engine for a little more than that...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:08 PM   #4
ldj1002
Getting Wild

Gosh, I would check for gas tank vent.
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Believe it or not I got motor warmed up good and then pecked on muffler a few times and it haven't had another problem. A $100 of that $700 included 4 used tires but definitely had one broke off in me. What does it mean when I remove spark plugs and they are black?
Old 03-20-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
WizBears
Not Yet Wild

Are they just carbon coated(dry) or wet and oily?
WizBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Carbon coated
Old 04-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #8
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Went ahead and ordered new muffler. Another $425 but maybe this will do the trick
Old 04-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #9
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdangeau View Post
2001 gas ezgo runs great for about 15 min. Then it bogs down to the point it won't climb a hill. Just had in shop and had new fuel pump, new carb, new spark plugs,oil changed, new air filter, valves adjusted. What should I do next? Have valves readjusted or could exhaust possibly be stopped up? Repairman got me for $700 last time can't handle that again.

Thanks in advance
As a repair shop owner (cars and trucks) I would say take it back where you spent $700 and tell them to do it right this time. There is NO excuse for what is going on! This crap really ticks me off, this is why shops are suspected of ripping people off all the time because there are shops out there who will take $700 from you and let you leave with a problem still! I find it hard to believe it needed all the things that were done. So that would make me think the shop is either dishonest, or incompetent. Either way you deserve better!
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:21 PM   #10
Rdangeau
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStark View Post
As a repair shop owner (cars and trucks) I would say take it back where you spent $700 and tell them to do it right this time. There is NO excuse for what is going on! This crap really ticks me off, this is why shops are suspected of ripping people off all the time because there are shops out there who will take $700 from you and let you leave with a problem still! I find it hard to believe it needed all the things that were done. So that would make me think the shop is either dishonest, or incompetent. Either way you deserve better!
Tom
Got muffler in today. Installed it no problem. It did not help. Same issues. The shop I took it to is over an hour drive one way. Dont want to go back to same shop. Any suggestions on what I can check next. Maybe get valves set again? Besides that what else could it be?

Tags
ezgo golf cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO