lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #1
lugnut151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Txt winch mount

I have a 2011 txt and trying to figure out how to mount a winch. I don't particularly care to.mount a brush guard and can build whatever but needing ideas and Google hasn't been much help. Thanks for any help or pictures
lugnut151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Txt winch mount

I have been in same situation I'm going the route of similar to jakes winch mount that bolts to same 4 locations as the plastic shroud. They drilled out the holes and made them 5/16 grade 8 then have thin bracket holding a bumper similar to racing atv's with a plate on the bottom for the winch. I'm using 1" tube coming from bolt locations and building prerunner style build with winch recessed behind it
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #3
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...19945-up)/7457
Old 03-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Factory OEM part, comes standard on front of the ST Workhorse and will also fit on a TXT.

http://mrgolfcarts.com/Winches-and-W...eiver-Weldment
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:12 PM   #5
lugnut151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

SRDCOMPOSITES, I have seen that bumper and didn't like how it sticks so far out but never really looked at how it mounted. I'm gonna have to see about maybe building something that mounts up there like this does.
StoveBolt, I like the versatility of a hitch mount but looking for something that has a cleaner look, but this is definitely an idea still.
Thanks guys
lugnut151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut151 View Post
SRDCOMPOSITES, I have seen that bumper and didn't like how it sticks so far out but never really looked at how it mounted. I'm gonna have to see about maybe building something that mounts up there like this does.
StoveBolt, I like the versatility of a hitch mount but looking for something that has a cleaner look, but this is definitely an idea still.
Thanks guys
lugnut 151
yes 1 ft in front of cart isnt good asthetics if you think overall length mine is measured out to stick out past the cowl by 3/4 in to back of bar and 2 in to the front I kind of used this as a reference but light and winch mount are both behind the bumper and I dont have the hoop for light at the top

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...per-build.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO