lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
crushing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 97 36 volt EzGo TXT loses power on inclines

I have a 97 36 volt ezgo txt that I took to my local battery source for new batteries and they also wired it up. After wiring it up the said my motor was bad. I then took the motor to have it worked on and they said that two of the terminal had the wires twisted of the back. So they installed new terminals and boom everything works. But it just seems very weak. Now this is my first electic golf cart so I could be wrong. But it does OK on flat surfaces but I can tell a major difference on any incline. And when it is me and my wife it will almost come to a stop on a hill. I know it should have more power than it does. Any info would be very helpful. Thanks
crushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
NoleFan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 36 volt EzGo TXT loses power on inclines

Lifted? Bigger Tires?

Check all of the wires, make sure they are in good condition and none are loose.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

what size are the wires?did they replace any of them?i assume the cart is a series cart-mine slows on very steep hills to about 6-7mph...does 12-14mph on the flat....2000 txt series,2g cables,HD F/R switch,HD solenoid,stock controller,stock(18.5")tires....

if you have hot wires,motor,ect- you have a resistance based problem that will rob you of performance....wires should be warm to the touch-not uncomfortably hot(10 degrees above ambient)
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

if its a series cart, not a whole lot you can do, your limited to the output of the motor. New cart or motor controller package.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
crushing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes it is a series cart and does have a 5 inch lift with 22x11.8 on it. As far as the wires some are new and some are not. The ones they did not replace look good tho. Not sure what gauge they are what ever the factory size is. But all four of the wires coming from the motor are big. They are welding wire lead wire. And the few times I rode it with the family it has been pushed hard cause a few times it has come to a complete stop cause it cant climb something. And when I get home the wires are not hot but they motor is pretty **** hot. And to clairify I am not riding off road I am riding through the golf course in my neighbor hood that hundreds of other golf carts go through and I can make it. To give u an example of the weak power. On a standard trailer with a tilt gate the cart would struggle to drive up it with me on it amd I am 240 pounds if it is me and my 125 pound wife the cart wont drive up the tilt gate on the trailer. I will attach pics of the cart and wires in case anyone sees something that might be wrong. I am not wanting to go really fast or anything I am just wanting to be able to ride this course like everyone else can with no issues.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #6
crushing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

20161024_113719.jpg

yimg-103543919-9002--344501773.jpg

Here is the cart and the wires. Also I forgot to add that two days ago I got a friends factory wheels and tires and put them on my cart and it was no different. The speed and power did not change at all
Old 10-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #7
crushing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Attachment 143184

Attachment 143185

There is the cart and the wires
Old 10-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You need a bigger controller..... Lifted carts require more power (amperage)

Talk to ScottyB because you need a Controller, HD forward and reverse setup, and you definitely need a new set of wires throughout the cart (I see way too many automotive grade cables in that pic).
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
crushing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea I believe a lot of the wires were cut from a real and has the ends on them that u hammer or clip the ends to attach them to the wire. Are those bad wires to have?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It depends on the type of wire used.

Most Golf cart shops used rolls of wire and crimp or solder the ends on. This is fine as long as the right type of wire is used. You want a high strand count wire such as wire made for use on welders. Typically this will have a silicone insulation on it that is resistant to oils and chemicals and a VERY flexible. The wires I see in your picture look like Automotive grade wires, They are usually stiffer and have a lower strand count.

Will Automotive wires work? Yes they will, but you will get less resistance with upgraded wires, which means the cart runs longer and everything runs cooler.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO