lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
Captain tj
Not Yet Wild

Default Charge issues with 2008 RXV

My charger went out on me so I bought a new one. The issue with the old Powerwise charger was a 2 flash LED error on the charger which indicates either <20V or >50V. At the time my almost new Trojans were 48.5 total. FYI I also tried charging a TXT that was at 47.5V and got the same error code. Also I wasn't getting the blinking green charge led on the RXV.

So I buy this new charger on ebay - I get an error message on the new one that indicates "open circuit - battery not connected". The charging light on the RXV - flashing green LED is not illuminated.

When I measure the terminal with my voltmeter it indicates 48.5vlts. - Yes I know the batteries are partially discharged that's why I was trying to charge them. I know that the batteries are correctly connected.

Is there a fuse between the connector and the batteries? Or could it be something else.
Captain tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2016, 12:15 PM   #2
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charge issues with 2008 RXV

Charging my RXV is my #1 problem. There is a little black box on one of the cables that goes from the charging connection to the first battery. It is a heat sensor. On mine, I get a single red blink sometimes. I find if I let it sit unplugged for about an hour something magical happens and after that I plug it in and it works. I have also learned that this connection in particular needs to be spotless clean. I also keep all the other connections clean, but this one in particular needs to be spotless clean.

From what I know that heat sync could go out. That may be one things to get input from others on. I"m not smart enough to know if that would be your issue.

there may be other "fuses" or things somewhere so I'll let others chime in just wanted to pass along what I knew about my charging issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery.jpg (167.6 KB, 0 views)
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Which charger did you buy?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
Captain tj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sltintexas View Post
Charging my RXV is my #1 problem. There is a little black box on one of the cables that goes from the charging connection to the first battery. It is a heat sensor. On mine, I get a single red blink sometimes. I find if I let it sit unplugged for about an hour something magical happens and after that I plug it in and it works. I have also learned that this connection in particular needs to be spotless clean. I also keep all the other connections clean, but this one in particular needs to be spotless clean.

From what I know that heat sync could go out. That may be one things to get input from others on. I"m not smart enough to know if that would be your issue.

there may be other "fuses" or things somewhere so I'll let others chime in just wanted to pass along what I knew about my charging issues.
In the eight years I've owned it never had a charge problem. I did followup on your recommendation and cleaned all of the terminal on that battery post. FYI the other terminals are clean and have dielectric grease on them. I tried the old charger and still get the error led code 2 flashes for low voltage - which the voltmeter disproves. The new charger doesn't even have a name on it - so can't diagnose the issue.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A pic of this no-name charger? Maybe we'll recognize it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:36 PM   #6
Captain tj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
A pic of this no-name charger? Maybe we'll recognize it.
Decided to scrap that charger & bought a new one. Problem solved!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO