lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #11
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
We are assuming that used batteries were "well cared for" when we say 5+ years should be expected from batteries that likely came off a golf course? That's a stretch. In all reality, you need to hit the controller with the Pass key to bring it up to speed & make it forget its past life as a golf course mobile. Please read up on the pass key speed upgrade, so you know what to expect & what to expect to need a dealer to finish for you.
Will do thank you!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
MikeF0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2016, 08:35 AM   #12
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewiggins7299 View Post
I bought a 2012 48v txt with 23" tires this summer. Batteries were 1 year old. I was getting 18 mph on tires with 10 psi. My dealer ordered a passkey and programmed my stock Curtis controller, giving me about 21 mph. The cost is minimal for a passkey. It was like $50. I didn't realize my tire presure was so important until after upgrading my controller. If I would have had them at 20 psi, I bet I would have hit 23 no problem.
I can't find anywhere online where to purchase a passkey. Is that not available to end users? Do I need to have a dealer do it for me?

I'm in IT and I'm pretty sure I can do it along with the programming. Sucks toy have to get a trailer and take it for that etc.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 16 mph 48V 2013 EZGO TXT?

Check out this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eap-speed.html

Might be still available. This gets you to 17-17.5mph on stock 18" tires. Still need hand held for the other couple of mph's. So all together 19.6 on stock tires. 21-22mph on 20" tires. Probably a little more on 23" tires if your batteries/motor can handle it.
Speeds are in optimum conditions on flat pavement. Extra weight(back seats), low pressure tires etc. will cost you a couple of mph's.

Late model Alltrax controllers (generally plug n play) will give all this and more including the torque to turn those big tires. Also latest models have the option for limited " on the fly " programing/parental control of sorts if you want/need this. More money,of course but ya know it's relative.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #14
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Check out this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eap-speed.html

Might be still available. This gets you to 17-17.5mph on stock 18" tires. Still need hand held for the other couple of mph's. So all together 19.6 on stock tires. 21-22mph on 20" tires. Probably a little more on 23" tires if your batteries/motor can handle it.
Speeds are in optimum conditions on flat pavement. Extra weight(back seats), low pressure tires etc. will cost you a couple of mph's.

Late model Alltrax controllers (generally plug n play) will give all this and more including the torque to turn those big tires. Also latest models have the option for limited " on the fly " programing/parental control of sorts if you want/need this. More money,of course but ya know it's relative.
Cool thanks for the reply, so if I get the alltrax with solenoid and and cables kit no need to do the passkey?

Obviously there is quite a big diff in price.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No passkey for alltrax. That's for OEM controller only. The alltrax would be the best solution, most power, most speed, but that's a lot more money than passkey rental.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #16
Nmiller02
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an 02' txt converted to 48v running 23" tires 500amp alltrax and a D&D motor, 2awg cables super duty solenoid, reversing contactor cart runs between 26-28mph.
Nmiller02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:55 PM   #17
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmiller02 View Post
I have an 02' txt converted to 48v running 23" tires 500amp alltrax and a D&D motor, 2awg cables super duty solenoid, reversing contactor cart runs between 26-28mph.
Nice. yea that's good speed. I'm going to try the Passkey first and see where I land with it... anything faster than the 15mph I'm getting now will do. if is still not fast enough then I'll think about investing in new motor, alltrax and gauges... wife already looking at me weird after all the upgrades I've done to the cart LOL.

My local dealers can do the passkey for $45-65 bucks, which is not bad.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That's a good enough deal for passkey. The only practical use for passkey is situations where torque is fine, but more speed is desired. If you want some real performance, a controller will be in the future.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart in your avatar has bigger tires and added seating. Both of those things are reason enough to get the Alltrax control. Torque will increase beyond what was lost with the taller tire change and speed will be about 25 mph with those tires.
Add the FNKS personality switch for simple switching between 3 different modes and driving experiences... Fun stuff for the tech minded owner to play with. Always free Alltrax software and tech support makes usb connection programming a breeze.

See my TXT48 upgrade here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-upgrades.html
It is my favorite cart now.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #20
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The cart in your avatar has bigger tires and added seating. Both of those things are reason enough to get the Alltrax control. Torque will increase beyond what was lost with the taller tire change and speed will be about 25 mph with those tires.
Add the FNKS personality switch for simple switching between 3 different modes and driving experiences... Fun stuff for the tech minded owner to play with. Always free Alltrax software and tech support makes usb connection programming a breeze.

See my TXT48 upgrade here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-upgrades.html
It is my favorite cart now.
Thanks Scotty. Can I get an alltrax installed without upgrading my motor and battery cables and solenoid? I really don't want to break the bank and I'm in IT I'm pretty sure I can make the programming necessary.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO