lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2016, 10:26 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Installing a back seat - me vs the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasDel View Post
This actually has nothing to do with your question, but I am wondering what the heck is that 'doodlebug' in your avatar? inquiring minds want to know.

The Pea Car for BirdsEye - Asylum, an ad agency for BirdsEye,
built a small green car that fell apart as it drives along -
The car was fitted with a Honda engine, giving it a top speed of over 80mph

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #12
KasDel
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Crash. It was just bugging (no pun intended) me to no end!
KasDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #13
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp5s View Post
If you have to even ask about the install then you should pay someone else to do it.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #14
LBB
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasDel View Post
This actually has nothing to do with your question, but I am wondering what the heck is that 'doodlebug' in your avatar? inquiring minds want to know.
Ha! You already got the real info, but my brother is a VW van nut and that car reminds me of one.
LBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:58 AM   #15
LBB
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all around for the opinions on both sides.

I do now see them in the mid $200's on ebay and even a few on Amazon. I have two kids, so will want the extra safety bar.

Great advice on looking for a local member when the time comes.

I also appreciate the "pay for it if it's worth it to you" sentiment. :-) I might see what they'd charge if I provide the seat.

Either way, this thread has probably given me more money to put toward the cart itself instead of the seat.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #16
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I just bought a new rear seat - had a guy coming to install it, but he cancelled - so I went at it myself.

By far the EASIEST installation of anything I have done to this cart so far - which is basically everything

you got this man - save the dough for more parts and do it yourself - worth the pride alone ;)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The quality of rear seat kits very A LOT. The China stuff will rust out and the foam in the seats will flatten out quick. I find the American made stuff is built very well and go on the easiest, as the stuff lines up well. Youll pay more but worth it. If you care about quality and more about how much your wallet weighs, then the low dollar kits are the way to go.
I deal with end users and I don't want complaints or warranty issues, so I go with better built units.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:09 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
The quality of rear seat kits very A LOT. The China stuff will rust out and the foam in the seats will flatten out quick. I find the American made stuff is built very well and go on the easiest, as the stuff lines up well. Youll pay more but worth it. If you do not care about quality and more about how much your wallet weighs, then the low dollar kits are the way to go.
I deal with end users and I don't want complaints or warranty issues, so I go with better built units.
I fixed it for you.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #19
FF Titus
Gone Wild

I get tired of hearing this brought up. I sell seats $500 installed, we shops have employees, taxes, and every other expense a business has. We get zero breaks from the state. 90% of my customers buy right from me, the other 10 go online, and I will typically see them within 6 months with an issue on their epay or amazon seat. Now, I do price match apples to apples online.

The quality of seats is typically what comes into question. American made is much better. The premium seats from Eagle that Ezgo sells are great, easy to install and you'll always be shorted hardware. ;) I've also had great success with redhawks Seat-711T.

Before pulling the trigger online, call your local shop in the morning and simply ASK. How much is the seat, who makes it? Ok, I'm looking at that seat online for X amount, can you match or come close in price? In most instances, shops will if given the chance.

In the end, you get what you pay for.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:09 AM   #20
LBB
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
I just bought a new rear seat - had a guy coming to install it, but he cancelled - so I went at it myself.

By far the EASIEST installation of anything I have done to this cart so far - which is basically everything

you got this man - save the dough for more parts and do it yourself - worth the pride alone ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
The quality of rear seat kits very A LOT. The China stuff will rust out and the foam in the seats will flatten out quick. I find the American made stuff is built very well and go on the easiest, as the stuff lines up well. Youll pay more but worth it. If you care about quality and more about how much your wallet weighs, then the low dollar kits are the way to go.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will give it a try myself and will make sure to get a made in the USA seat. I'll want a safety bar too since kids often ride back there.

What do you all think about seat belts? The more I think about them I wonder if they're not a bad idea. Better that they can move around and jump off if needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF Titus View Post
I get tired of hearing this brought up. I sell seats $500 installed, we shops have employees, taxes, and every other expense a business has. We get zero breaks from the state. 90% of my customers buy right from me, the other 10 go online, and I will typically see them within 6 months with an issue on their epay or amazon seat. Now, I do price match apples to apples online.

The quality of seats is typically what comes into question. American made is much better. The premium seats from Eagle that Ezgo sells are great, easy to install and you'll always be shorted hardware. ;) I've also had great success with redhawks Seat-711T.

Before pulling the trigger online, call your local shop in the morning and simply ASK. How much is the seat, who makes it? Ok, I'm looking at that seat online for X amount, can you match or come close in price? In most instances, shops will if given the chance.

In the end, you get what you pay for.
First, thanks greatly for the specific advice on which chairs have worked well for you.

Second, I feel you on the cost of doing business. My father runs a business, and I was shocked to find out recently that I was able to buy some heavy equipment on the internet cheaper than he could from his supplier! Hopefully some tax and regulation relief will be coming to businesses soon.

But you have to realize, you're in a forum where 80% of the people are "do it yourselfers." The difference between $250 and $500 is big when trying to decide how much cart I can squeeze into my budget.

This forum ranks in the top 3 for all time helpfulness. It's been incredibly valuable.

I might actually do what you recommend and just be up front with the dealer I buy from. "Here's what I'm going to spend myself - if you'd like to provide and install for $xx.xx then I'd be happy to pay you."
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO