lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
dadler
Not Yet Wild

Default Won't go

I recently purchased a 2006 EZGO elect. cart. Beautiful, has been running great. this week end I pulled it in and plugged in the charger and at first I get the red blinking light that said I had a fault. I plugged it in again and it started to flash green until it was solid and then I tried to use it again. When I turned the key on I noticed that the battery meter did not light up and when I went to try and move it, it would not go either way and the back up beeper did not work. There is one fuse I can see but it looks fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks
dadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Won't go

I'm certainly not the guy to give any expert advice but I like to help out a bit when I can and save the gurus a step when possible. They'll want to know exactly what type of cart you have. (Not sure if a 2006 txt only came in one type). Post that info, if applicable, and get a dvm on your batteries. Post the results for total pack, as well as each battery.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #3
FF Titus
Gone Wild

06, so 36V system? Flash green? meaning you have a QE charger correct?

Check and see if that run/tow switch is flipped on the controller box if you have that setup. If not, could be a bad reed switch.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
dadler
Not Yet Wild

I did check the run/tow switch, it is on the run setting. I am a pretty handy guy but new to golf carts and I do not have an owners manual. Can you give me a little help on where is the reed switch and is there a way to know if it is bad or good?

Thank you so much!
Old 12-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #5
dadler
Not Yet Wild

the charger looks like this:

But has this end on it:

Old 12-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #6
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

reed switch is in the female port-disassemble the port and there will be a red (small)wire with a thin rectangle piece in line-cut it out,reconnect wires and it will charge if that is the fault....the only thing the blade switch does is keep you from driving the cart with the charger plugged in....
run the charge plug through the steering wheel if you are forgetful....

get a DPI charger if yours is bad-DPI is a fantastic unit!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a picture of the reed switch.
Reed Switch.jpg
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
no battery light
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO