lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default The horifying discovery of the day...

So Mom goes out to her storage building to turn on the charger on her cart. Discovers that apparently the charger timer has shot craps. So.....the charger has been on since...Thanksgiving. Yes, I know, I'm a bad son because I should have checked the batteries long before now.

Of course they are mostly dry but still have a full charge. Few gallons of distilled water later I take 15 trips back and forth and still going. Is there any chance that they might actually be ok or at least serviceable. Not like Mom is going 20 miles at a time or anything. Just back and forth in her yard to tend her garden etc...
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: The horifying discovery of the day...

There is a chance the batteries will survive after you water them. I would get a charger that does not use a timer! And don't leave it unattended for two months :-)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

you might be lucky enough to bring them back.........what the sad part is you know better
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
There is a chance the batteries will survive after you water them. I would get a charger that does not use a timer! And don't leave it unattended for two months :-)
Thanks for giving me some hope and yes, I realize that I'm a bad, bad boy.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
40 lashes.

I honestly didn't comprehend that it had been that long since I had checked them. Mom usually does her own charger thing and I check the water every couple of months. No excuse I know. Really hoping that they live. I'd hate to have to shell out for new batteries especially considering how little she uses it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO