lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
trevorgreen
Not Yet Wild

Question 1994 G9 discontinued parts

Hi All,

I'm trying to locate a part for a 1994 Yamaha G9. Part is just called a blind plug (super descriptive, I know!) and is PN JG5-15385-01-00 (JG5-15385-02-00 replaces it I've found).

Seems this is a discontinued part, but it's a part that I really need as mine is destroyed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the bolts and the o-ring.

It's item #33 in this schematic: 94 Yamaha Crankcase schematic

Not sure if this is just an oil overflow or is just for breathing. Debated on just sealing it off, but I just don't know the function or the potential damage that might do. Just rebuilt it and don't want to wreck it that quickly!

Thanks in advance!

Trevor
trevorgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1994 G9 discontinued parts

It is a block-off for an oil sensor not used on that model. You could make a metal plate to block it off. Anything that will permanently block the hole. I would prefer something that bolts on, silicone or Jb weld could leak or pop out, which would cause all the engine oil to drain out.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
WVGOLFCART
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 G9 discontinued parts

I just found the part you are looking for at shop.bemidjisportscentre.com. It lists the price at 22.36. It shows a schematic of the engine as well with the part numbers. Lewis

Last edited by WVGOLFCART; 10-17-2017 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add my name to the original post
WVGOLFCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha