lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #11
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Poopsie's on Bypass

OK, Guys. I'm on my last leg of making all of the connections. I've been trying to follow ScottyB's post on his web site and posts on here but still am having a few interpretation problems.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ersion-v2.html
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/instal...ion-kit--.html

In the first pic you see below, you are looking at the left side of the HD F/R switch (SW202). In ScottyB's post on here, there's a pic where he wired the yellow from the micro switch to C and the green to D (jumpered to F on the right side). He also placed a diode between A(+) and B(-). On the right side of the switch (third pic), blue from the micro switch went to E and F was jumpered to D on the left side (green). I have a second diode. Does it connect between G & H? If you look closely, there's already a small jumper here. Also, the green wire continues on to somewhere after connecting to D & F. Where does it go? How about the red wire from the micro switch? It didn't go anywhere on the SW202.

Also, where does the blue wire on the pedal connect?

Now, on to the main 2ga cables. I have cables 3, 4, 5, & 8. Where on the sw202 do these connect (pic 4)?

I appreciate the help. ScottyB's instructions are great but since this is my first cart conversion, I want to make sure I have things right.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171111_124611.jpg (148.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20171111_124627.jpg (109.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20171111_124648.jpg (165.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20171112_143831.jpg (159.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20171111_124715.jpg (138.7 KB, 0 views)
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The diagram you show is not for the SW202 installation. It is for the HD F&R.
Where is your SW202 install instructions?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
Progress is going OK but I can tell that I will have a few questions. I'll save those for the next post. Right now is time for an update.

F/R micro switch mounted along with HD F/R switch. Lot's of questions here (next post).

Solenoid mounted. I chose the bottom to be +. I didn't have any black wire so I ran green to J1 black on the Alltrax. I also ran red to J1 red on the Alltrax. You can see the resistor and diode installed in the pic.

I ran new wires from the key switch to Battery + and to the red/yellow on the foot pedal. To connect to the red/yellow, I striped both wires back, slid a piece of heatshrink over one wire, and then soldered together. I then coated with dielectric grease, slid the heatshrink over the connection, and applied heat.

Gotta ask, Nole and Sergio. Does the controller mounting look better? Mounting the angle aluminum from the bottom sure was easier.

This SW202 is clearly marked. You cannot CHOOSE THE BOTTOM TO BE +. The bottom is marked -. It shows that in the install pictures
Old 11-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't forget to put the diodes on the SW202 with the red end on the + terminal as marked on the SW202.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-03-03 08.17.40.jpg (368.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #15
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Oops. D@mn. I've been working off the wrong diagram. I flipped through the instructions and worked from the first diagram I found. My bad. I'll go back to the right diagram and start over. No power hooked up yet so no harm.

As for the statement that I chose the bottom to be +, that was on the solenoid. I didn't see any + or - on it. I do see the + and - on the sw202. Is the solenoid marked and I missed it?

Thanks for the catch, ScottyB. My first cart conversion so I'm bound to make mistakes. This is why this forum is such a great thing. Especially for "wanna be's". Before applying power, I'll definitely check back in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171112_152806.jpg (122.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The black solenoid is marked, The brown solenoid is not.
Do yourself a favor and X out the F&R diagram so you don't accidentally follow it.
I'll check back later.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #17
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think I'm good now that I'm on the right diagram. Great minds think alike. Already X'd out. I've moved some wires around that were different. Had to stop for the evening. I need some more female spades.

So for the solenoid (brown), I can choose which is + and which is -, right? If so, then I'm good right now. I'll send a final picture of the sw202 before installing the batteries just to make sure all is right. Thanks again for the guidance.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
I think I'm good now that I'm on the right diagram. Great minds think alike. Already X'd out. I've moved some wires around that were different. Had to stop for the evening. I need some more female spades.

So for the solenoid (brown), I can choose which is + and which is -, right? If so, then I'm good right now. I'll send a final picture of the sw202 before installing the batteries just to make sure all is right. Thanks again for the guidance.
That is true, you are on the right tracks now
Old 11-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Work has been a pain this week but Saturday starts a full week off.

Time to get back on Poopsie and now that I've gotten my brain straightened out on the correct wiring diagram (is there a gun to head emoticon?), I'll get things running this weekend. While I'm doing my planning, I have two more questions.

1) I purchased a voltage reducer and bus bar to run accessories. In those directions it says to mount on aluminum, which will act as a heat sink. Where do people mount these things? I've searched the battery/motor/controller box and all I can find for mounting is two uprights just behind the motor. I could install some aluminum between the uprights and place the reducer there but can anyone say "inaccessible"? Where are others putting their reducer on an old DS model?

2) Once I get all these wires hooked up, should I put battery terminal spray on everything? Connections on the Alltrax? Solenoid? F/R switch? Motor terminals? I don't want any corrosion and I do frequent the beach so I'm inclined to spray everywhere. Any problems with this idea?

Thanks in advance for the help. You guys are a lifesaver for us cart noobs.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Spraying everything is a good idea in a corrosive environment. Do both you and me a favor and get the cart running before you start installing the voltage reducer and 12v accessories. That way we have a clear chance at getting the cart running forward and reverse properly and road tested.... before any more work is done... and yes you can add an aluminum plate to mount the reducer to... the reducer should be close to the batteries and only the 12v fuse panel needs to be accessible. GL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car