lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
craigy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Older Yamaha Value?

Looked at a older Yamaha gas cart a few days ago. Owner hasn’t decided if he wants to part with it or not. Sounds like it’s an early 90’s model. He said it’s been sitting about 6 months, but he felt sure that he could get it started if he decided to. Missing the top, but otherwise intact. Would $600-800 sound reasonable? I would want to upgrade to lift and larger tires as well, but not sure if this is a good model to do that with either.
craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Older Yamaha Value?

I suppose you don't know what model it is?

I have restored a number of old carts. There is a lot of money in the stuff that you might not think of......seats, body work, wheels, etc. The mechanical stuff can costly too but people tend to account for that.

Assuming the body, seats and such are in good shape then sure, $600 - $800 is fair as you are only looking at potential mechanical costs.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #3
craigy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I suppose you don't know what model it is?

I have restored a number of old carts. There is a lot of money in the stuff that you might not think of......seats, body work, wheels, etc. The mechanical stuff can costly too but people tend to account for that.

Assuming the body, seats and such are in good shape then sure, $600 - $800 is fair as you are only looking at potential mechanical costs.
I don’t know what model or year it is, I don’t he does either. But he said he got it back in 95’ or so, probably bought it used.
craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Got it. If you can score a pic we could at least tell you what model.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Early 90s would be a G9 most likely. They can be worth that running but problem with old carts of any kind is if the clutches and suspension and what all are worn out then you are fixing all kinds of stuff on a trashed out cart. G9 is a solid cart but old is old, you don't pay a lot for an old car for the same reason, unless its a special model and there are very few if any old 'special' carts. I bought my G9 in '99 from a golf course trade in, I take care of it and know what condition its in. Other old carts you have to inspect closely, you are talking about a 25 year old piece of equipment and people tend to not do a thing to them until they quit running. If you have a budget you get what you can get, just saying look closely at what you are buying. You might get a 10X nicer cart for 2X or 3X as much, or you might get a deal and be handy working on things and find a great fixer cheap.

A G2 is near the same as a G9 but 1990 and before, they have a flat faced front end and shifter under the seat and 4 stroke cart. It could be a g1 they are older 2 stroke and slanted back front end open cubby they shift with the key, they ended in 89 iirc. Once in a while you find other models like a G8 that have mechanicals about the same but different body.

It also depends on your area, carts can be worth twice as much as they are 100miles away.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha