lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel ?

Quick ?,2000 yahama,fuel in winter storage ?In garage,,has full tank treated fuel,dont use much in winter,Should i take gas out start up run dry,l
Leave it in,i can start it up once in awhile.i can use fuel in mower i use to run around property. Whats your opinions.Just dont want to mess up fuel system.Paul
aka rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel ?

I, personally, would drain it and run carb dry if it doesn't have a drain screw. I only use non ethanol in mine but still wouldn't store it for months
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I don't think there's a wrong way so long as you either run it dry or use fuel stabilizer. The only wrong way is not doing anything at all.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I leave mine full but I like to start mine and run it up to operating temp about once a month during the winter months
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
dacheedah
Gone Wild

Yamaha

What we do with our boats is fill up the gas, double up on marine stabol and run it for a while. You want the stabilized gas in the carbs. Put away, pull the plugs and put a capful of oil in the cylinder and with the plug out pull the start rope or starter , might want to put a rag over the plug hole to catch oil. Put the plug back in and hook er up. Put a battery maintainer on the battery. Do your pm’s and shes ready to rock in spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha