lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2017, 09:02 AM   #11
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Primary Clutch Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacheedah View Post
you can try packing it with grease, using a bolt with Teflon tape on threads and an impact, the theory is the grease wont compress and the pressure will pop it off. It works on sleds but usually takes several tries. grade 8 bolt

Here is the water method, you would have to pull the motor and have it on its side, clutch side up.

you can use the water method it works better than any clutch puller in my opinion. Here are some instructions i have found.

Remove Cluch bolt.
Flip sled on side use hot water from tap fill hole.
Use the clutch bolt start with 1 wrap and getting thicker as you get to end of threads 2-3 wraps of teflon wrapped in direction so threads won't unwrap it. Don't over do it.
Thread in clutch bolt it will be about 1-2 inches away from even touching the clutch it will slowly build pressuse the water will spread the crank to clutch taper and clutch will come off like butter! This will make a large pop sound.
The Water Method usually wont work with the Puller!!!!
The tapered pin bottoms out on the crank and then doesn't compress any water! Use square end clutch bolt
This won't work the clutch bolt on these threads into the crank and slides past clutch thread all your hydraulic force will be in the crank witch could potentially split crank in order for this method to work you need a bolt that threads into the clutch not the crank....that being said the bolt that threads into clutch is a m14-1.0 witch is impossible to find I've looked everywhere just buy the puller bolt good thing about the puller bolt is it's good for a lot of Yamahas not just the g1
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #12
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Everyone! I did notice the puller bolts basically work on all gas Yamaha carts and Amazon can get me one same day! I may call my local Yamaha dealer and see if they have a puller bolt to lend as I saw in another thread here.

What remains unclear is if I'll be able to fit the OEM clutch on my tapered generator motor shaft?! Has anyone done this? Trying to avoid buying a new crank for the motor and a new clutch. Thinking I could somehow machine and weld the OEM clutch to the generator taper shaft..
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:07 PM   #13
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

"What remains unclear is if I'll be able to fit the OEM clutch on my tapered generator motor shaft?! Has anyone done this?"

What exactly are you trying to say "clutch on tapered generator motor shaft"
Old 12-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #14
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
"What remains unclear is if I'll be able to fit the OEM clutch on my tapered generator motor shaft?! Has anyone done this?"

What exactly are you trying to say "clutch on tapered generator motor shaft"
Sorry Spicy, should have been more clear - I bought a 390 clone that came out of a generator to "big block" swap my old G1. I have attached photos to help clarify but I was told that the tapered generator motor shaft would accept the tapered golf cart clutch but it seems they are different tapers.

What I am looking for is advice on how to mate the 2 :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4869.jpg (148.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4870.jpg (149.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4871.jpg (156.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4872.jpg (145.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #15
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Ahh okok I understand now but unfortunately I've no experience with big blocks so I can not help
Old 12-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #16
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

i dunno but clean up that shaft before installing your clutch.

i just realized the tool i posted was from hong kong!

i actually bought one made here in the states, texas i think and one strike with a hammer disformed the end of it. It should last a few more rounds though just harder to get the socket on it.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #17
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Just got around to ordering a puller bolt so I can get the clutch off! Found this one on amazon with free 2 day prime shipping!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully it comes off without damage and I only have to use the bolt once haha.

Can't wait to see if and how it mates to the Dewalt engine shaft?! Almost ready to re-sell the Dewalt and go back to buying a new big block clone. Is it an easy fit to get the OEM G1 clutch on the standard 1" shaft with an adapter like the one on VC website? Is anyone else running this set up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bolt.jpg (36.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha