lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor Upgrade

Greetings...

Am looking at upgrading motor on our 2013 Club Car Precedent with PH serial number... I see that Plum Quick has a Bandit upgrade for $225, though wondering if there are better/other options? Have read few negative posts on another forum re. PlumQuick, and suggestions of using motor from Luna in AZ, though they look bit more expensive?
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor Upgrade

i have the plum quick executioner and i couldn't be happier with it. It's a little more expensive and requires upgrades such as: controller, solenoid, cables but man it is a blast to drive.
Precedent Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Glad to hear you've had good experience with plum quick. Was looking at executioner as well, though like you said that upgrade probably tops out over $1000? Any idea how fast you now go, wonder if it is accurate the bandit will get 25mph? Also, may I ask where/what controllers and solenoid you went with to handle the larger motor. Thanks Sir,
Old 04-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Bandit Excel (PH) motor should get you in the 25mph ballpark. The PH Bandit is not recommended for hills or larger tires. The Executioner will get you around 30 MPH or maybe a little faster. With the Executioner, I recommend the Alltrax XCT500 controller, 2 gauge cable set, and a 400 amp solenoid. It'll be a solid platform and will be very reliable. You'll be pleased with the end result for sure.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

If pull the trigger on the Executioner motor, can I run the cart on the stock controller and solenoid for awhile if I take it easy on it?
Old 04-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm pretty sure the OEM 225a controller will have a coronary.
Big motors need full access to the battery pack.
Admiral says you can run their A2 motor with the stock controller. But if you just want more speed do a controller upgrade. That's a great place to start.

A big motor first is getting the cart before the horse.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #7
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’m with Scotty on this one. I did the Alltrax first and was getting 27mph with the stock motor and 23” tires. If that’s all you need then you won’t have to bother with a motor and get all of the benefits of the Alltrax. The 3 mode switch is great if you have various users too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #8
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
I’m with Scotty on this one. I did the Alltrax first and was getting 27mph with the stock motor and 23” tires. If that’s all you need then you won’t have to bother with a motor and get all of the benefits of the Alltrax. The 3 mode switch is great if you have various users too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, I'll do that, getting around 15mph currently using mobile gps app to check speed. Believe need replace batteries as well as only get 2 miles out of cart now before begin to lose power. Is there a best source for controller?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #9
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbuggy View Post
Cool, I'll do that, getting around 15mph currently using mobile gps app to check speed. Believe need replace batteries as well as only get 2 miles out of cart now before begin to lose power. Is there a best source for controller?

What controller is recommended as well? The one the gentlemen referenced above?

Old 04-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #10
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Another thing to keep in mind is that with shipping both ways to SC that $225 bandit motor could easily turn into $400 plum quick.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car