lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Setting Toe-

After a year with my Allsports 6" SS Lift I noticed that my camber was off so I adjusted to 0 camber and now I need to readjust the toe. I drive the cart straight forward and stop. Break loose both jam nuts on the tie rod and begin turning the tie rod. Only the driver's side tire is moving while making adjustment which is understandable since the steering rack tie rod is connected to passenger side spindle. I almost get to the desired toe measurement and the tie rod comes loose from the passenger side tie rod end? I'm at a loss on what to do from here and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Setting Toe- NEED HELP!

Spindle Lifts Are notorious for not being able to adjust the toe properly. Make sure your front camber is nearly vertical. This will bring in the tie rod end connection closer to the tie rod / steering rack. This will give you about 1/4-1/2 inch more room for adjustment.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Hunter450,

It doesn't matter which tire moves when you're adjusting the toe. The idea here is to change the distance from one tire to the other. If you had an assistant hold the left tire down and keep it from moving, you'd be pushing the right tire out or in with your toe adjustment. Don't be so concerned with which tire is or isn't moving. Be concerned with the actual adjustment and the measurement of your toe setting. The steering wheel will steer both tires equally as long as your spindles are not bent. Once the toe setting is correct, the big long tie rod in the back will keep them locked together.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
After a year with my Allsports 6" SS Lift I noticed that my camber was off so I adjusted to 0 camber and now I need to readjust the toe....

...I almost get to the desired toe measurement and the tie rod comes loose from the passenger side tie rod end?
It really all depends on HOW you adjusted your camber!
if you ONLY adjusted the bottom heim joints to get 0 camber, that could be your problem.
(adjusting them OUT will make your wheel base wider, and your tie rod shorter!)

The bottom heims should only be about 2 turns out from fully seated, then adjust your upper heims to get a 0 camber,
that should leave you with enough thread on your tie rod ends for stability, and to keep them from falling out of the tie rod while adjusting the toe.

Just thinking out loud.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:24 AM   #5
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

All good points, before I started adjusting the camber, both front tires had negative / \ camber. My heim joints at the bottom of both front spindles are jammed all the way in so the only way to achieve zero | | camber was to adjust the upper heim joints out. Camber is now set and the tires are toed out and looks like \ / viewed from sitting in the cart . Working alone and the cart on the floor the drivers side tire moves to / / and I get tires to parallel toe. I have not touched the steering wheel during the adjustments. Everything is tight and I drive the cart straight with loosened steering wheel. I had to rotate the steering wheel 90 degrees from where it was. Cart is driving good but my steering radius is off, 1.75 turns to the right to lock and just a tad over 1 turn to the left to lock.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car