lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Summit series 2 charger

Yes, that's pretty much it.
On an ERIC cart using the Summit II it should literally plug in and work with no modification needed to the cart or wiring.

If mounting it on-board, be sure to set the charger for On-board use in the App.
Red charge lead will go to pack + Or Solenoid hot side
Black will go to Pack - or Controller B-
The interlock wire will go to Pin 5 of the controller. Should be Light Blue wire.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #22
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
On an ERIC cart using the Summit II it should literally plug in and work with no modification needed to the cart or wiring.

If mounting it on-board, be sure to set the charger for On-board use in the App.
The interlock wire will go to Pin 5 of the controller. Should be Light Blue wire.
Perfect! Thanks!
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:30 AM   #23
mpd025
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Hi, I have an ERIC cart and I have connected my Summitt II as stated above; however, my lockout is not activating when the charger is plugged in. I have also checked the charger app and it is set to Onboard.

Any other suggestions??
mpd025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:09 AM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd025 View Post
Hi, I have an ERIC cart and I have connected my Summitt II as stated above; however, my lockout is not activating when the charger is plugged in. I have also checked the charger app and it is set to Onboard.

Any other suggestions??
In the app System Profile screen right below "On-board" setting check the "Lockout" setting. Make sure it is set to Active Low.
Also make sure the interlock wire is connected to the correct pin in the charger.
If the charger is wired directly to the pack, check that the settings are saved to the charger and then disconnect the charger from the pack. Wait 30 seconds or so and then re-connect and the charger will now take the settings.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:24 PM   #25
mpd025
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
In the app System Profile screen right below "On-board" setting check the "Lockout" setting. Make sure it is set to Active Low.
Also make sure the interlock wire is connected to the correct pin in the charger.
If the charger is wired directly to the pack, check that the settings are saved to the charger and then disconnect the charger from the pack. Wait 30 seconds or so and then re-connect and the charger will now take the settings.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m completely stumped as I just tried your suggestions to no avail. Don’t know if it’s important to mention that my original charger port is completely disconnected from all wiring, the grey wire on the dash harness is also not connected to anything and I installed a Navitas 5Kw AC conversion (controller and motor).

Not sure if there’s any programming to be done on the controller side, as I have asked Navitas AND Lester, and neither were able to provide direction.

Thanks again for your help!!
Old 11-09-2022, 06:28 PM   #26
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ok that's different then. How many wires go to your charger? You need to have 3 going to the output side of the charger in order for the interlock to function.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:49 PM   #27
mpd025
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok that's different then. How many wires go to your charger? You need to have 3 going to the output side of the charger in order for the interlock to function.
I have 3 wires coming out of the charger for onboard charging. Red, Blk and the blue to the #2 position on the charger block (interlock). I have the red and black wires straight to the pack, and the charger blue wire straight to a light blue wire from the main harness which came with a female bullet connector from factory. (I presume this is the #5 pin (lockout) light blue wire).

I also logged into the Navitas application and upon connecting the charger to A/C power, the application states that the interlock is ON; however, the cart still turns on and moves forward or backwards as normal.

I have to be missing something, otherwise it should be working correctly..
Old 11-10-2022, 09:08 AM   #28
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Must be something in the Navitas programming.
I'm not familiar enough with their app to know which settings might need to be changed. I do know the basic navitas app doesn't allow you to change many things, and they have a dealer type version that you can ask to upgrade to that allows more changes.

If you change the charger lockout setting to active High how does the Navitas controller respond?
Old 11-12-2022, 10:07 AM   #29
mpd025
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Must be something in the Navitas programming.
I'm not familiar enough with their app to know which settings might need to be changed. I do know the basic navitas app doesn't allow you to change many things, and they have a dealer type version that you can ask to upgrade to that allows more changes.

If you change the charger lockout setting to active High how does the Navitas controller respond?
The cart still moves with the charger connected. I spoke to Navitas tech support and after trying a couple of things in the advanced menu, they ultimately had me do a datalog upload to them, so their engineer can look at what’s happening.

Hopefully it’s not a bad controller as I wouldn’t want to have to take it apart and wait for an exchange.

If you can think of anything else, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for all your help so far!!
Old 11-12-2022, 10:20 AM   #30
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Maybe Navitas will have a firmware update or something that can fix it. If the App shows the lockout is active but the controller still works, then it's a problem on their end.

If you really want a functioning lockout there are some other ways that can be accomplished, but I would wait to hear back from Navitas and see if they find a fix, or if they want to send you another controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car