lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default older club car DS

trying to help a neighbor. It's a club car DS V-glide resistor cart. The cart was not running doing nothing, So I tow it to my house to test a few things and find the cart had a new forward reverse switch installed. after looking something didn't look right. I go to the sticky section for wiring this is what I found. the main positive was on the lug for the S-1 the S-1 was on the battery lug and the neg battery was on the neg post of battery or number 5 battery or the battery on the driver side rear. plus I was getting the reverse buzzer going off with the key off and the shift lever in forward.
So I change it all back like the information on the sticky and the cart now runs like new money, only by the time I took the cart back to his house I could smell hot wires and it wanted to stop running. The question is could a part in the system be starting to fail from the backward wiring.
After I clear a spot in my carport I may ask for the cart back then put it on jackstands to see what is heating up.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: older club car DS

It could’ve just been the resistors you smelled, or it could be something worse. The cables going to the resistors melting , arcing in the V-glide, and melted battery cables are all common on resistor carts...

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car