lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #1
timoswear
Not Yet Wild

Default Hello, I got a 91 yamaha g9. Got a problem I can't figure out. It runs fine most of

Need help with a 91 g9.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
timoswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2018, 07:56 AM   #2
Eberger
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hello, I got a 91 yamaha g9. Got a problem I can't figure out. It runs fine most

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoswear View Post
Need help with a 91 g9.

I think you typed your question in the title box and it got cut off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
timoswear
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hello, I got a 91 yamaha g9. Got a problem I can't figure out. It runs fine most

I did. Sorry, my first time. Lol

timoswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Perhaps you should try to re-type the question in the subject body :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoswear View Post
I did. Sorry, my first time. Lol

We still don't know your problem...
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Hi, I gave a G2 which is similar to your 9. I had severe electrical issue. The more I run the cart the worst it got sputtering and stopping. I did a Vegas Cart upgrade. At that time I re-wired the machine - when removing the old harness I found all my electrical problems. The wiring was repaired with blue butt connectors and scotch lock connectors. It came apart in pieces the wires were so corroded -- I found wire that was green two and three inches inside.
Moral of the story = your 1991 cart may need a new harness - you can build what you need. Solder and glue type heat shrink make for a long term connections.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I design wire harnesses and stuff for a living for vehicles and custom applications, so building my own harness once I had a diagram was simple, there isn't much to these things. Mine was full of wire nuts, cut wires (and of course they cut them off flush with the connector so they were unusable, had to make my own connectors) and like yours, full of green corrosion. It wasn't worth trying to diagnose what is good/bad with it, less work to just make my own. I was able to reuse some of the factory wiring, but not much. And what the previous "ninja owner's" didn't hack up, whatever family of rodents living in the cart as it sat in the weeds took care of.

But even for a DIY'er it's not difficult to make your own wire harness. Just do 1 WIRE AT A TIME, following the factory harness so you don't get things mixed up. I would also recommend leaving the disconnected factory wires in place, as it gives you something to route your harness along and support/zip tie points to keep it neat and tidy. And if you cut connectors off to attach your own, ALWAYS leave at least 3-4 inches (more if you can, usually the wire my the connector is okay). If you cut it too short you will be cussing up a storm, and searching for terminals to re-pin the connectors.

But back to the original post, unless i'm missing something I still don't understand what the symptoms are...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #8
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Mine ran fine most of the time till I had to be towed home because of no spark.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha