lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Default 82 DS Solid State Upgrade - Curtis PB-6 Wiring

Long time lurker here, first time posting., I am usually able to find what I need by searching (extensively) through the forums or online. So thanks for everyone who has posted and contributed in the past - this really is a great wealth of knowledge.

I am finally coming down the homestretch on a CC DS conversion and the only thing I can’t seem to figure out is the wiring for the PB-6. I have the throttle and hardware fab’d and installed, and all the “basic” large cable wiring complete, but am hung up on some of the 16ga wiring I need to do. Everything is new, no old components, and no additional wiring for converters, etc.

Current Setup:
36v
Alltrax SR48400 control
400 super solenoid
Curtis PB-6 0-5k 2 wire controller
MOT A1 Motor
Upgraded HD Switch

The throttle has 3 tabs on the bottom and 2 wires (white and black), I am looking for some guidance on how I am supposed to hook these up to the controller.

My Current “Guess” based on Alltrax wiring schematic:
White - Solenoid
Black - Splice with ignition and run to j1 grn on controller
Com - B- on controller
N.O. - j4 on controller
N.C. - j5 on controller

I initially received a “low throttle under range” and I am assuming it is because I have things crossed up.

I sent a note to Scotty, but I know its the weekend and was hoping I could get things wrapped up today so I can start enjoying this thing instead of standing over it with a strange look on my face (like I have for the past few days). I can take a few pictures if needed.

Thanks again!
Kazanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 82 DS Solid State Upgrade - Curtis PB-6 Wiring

The PB6 micro switch has 3 terminals. Use the 2 outer terminals leaving the center pin empty. connected in this fashion it acts as a simple on/off switch, making and breaking the circuit. The diagram shows where the 2 wires connecting to the PB6 micro switch (ms) come from and go to.
We have not sold a conversion kit with a potentiometer in about 2 years. Do you have the wiring diagram that came with the kit? Or are you making your own conversion kit?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Deleting this post, was a duplicate of below.

Last edited by Kazanski; 06-02-2018 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The PB6 micro switch has 3 terminals. Use the 2 outer terminals leaving the center pin empty. connected in this fashion it acts as a simple on/off switch, making and breaking the circuit. The diagram shows where the 2 wires connecting to the PB6 micro switch (ms) come from and go to.
We have not sold a conversion kit with a potentiometer in about 2 years. Do you have the wiring diagram that came with the kit? Or are you making your own conversion kit?
Hey Scotty, thanks for the quick reply. I pieced this together from multiple sources so there wasn’t a single diagram to go from, all I have is the Alltrax wiring diagram, nothing specific to this setup (and doesn’t include the PB-6). I know you used to sell these as a kit so was figuring this might be an easy fix.

If possible, can you supply the wiring diagram you used to provide with your potentiometer kit?
Old 06-02-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Use the pb6 ms to trigger the solenoid and power the controller up
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #6
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Use the pb6 ms to trigger the solenoid and power the controller up
So do I have my connections switched?

White and Black go to J4/J5
Tab 1 and 3 go to solenoid/b-

Where does the ignition wire come into the equation?
Old 06-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #7
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanski View Post
So do I have my connections switched?

White and Black go to J4/J5
Tab 1 and 3 go to solenoid/b-

Where does the ignition wire come into the equation?
Think i got it with the above setup, splicing the ignition into the wire that goes to the solenoid to complete the circuit. I get a single flash and then a solid green.

Thanks for the help Scotty.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanski View Post
Think i got it with the above setup, splicing the ignition into the wire that goes to the solenoid to complete the circuit. I get a single flash and then a solid green.

Thanks for the help Scotty.
Nevermind, i just realized the controller is on when the throttle isnt engaged and when i press the throttle it shuts the controller off, so i still have something backwards.

I am also having a hard time figuring out where the ignition wire supposed to go. I have one running to the positive end, i am assuming the other needs to go to the throttle based on the diagram, but again not sure where.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should be using the COM and the N.C. tabs of the Micro-Switch for your connection.

There should not be any connection to B- from the PB-6.

The micro-switch interrupts the activation +48v from the key switch to both the Solenoid and the Controller KSI terminal.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #10
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You should be using the COM and the N.C. tabs of the Micro-Switch for your connection.

There should not be any connection to B- from the PB-6.

The micro-switch interrupts the activation +48v from the key switch to both the Solenoid and the Controller KSI terminal.
Thanks Sergio, this makes sense, but I am still struggling with what goes where. I think my lack of electrical experience is showing here and I have thouroughly confused myself. I basically have 5 wires left:

- 1 ignition switch wire (the other is on the larger lug of the solenoid)
- The black and white wires from the cable connected to the throttle pot
- the wires connected to tabs 1 and 3 on the micro switch

Not sure if this helps, but I threw together a quick picture of what I am dealing with.

Thanks again for your time (and patience)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DFD3B985-E5E9-4A38-9531-4ADE55531DFD.jpg (57.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car