lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 08:18 AM   #1
willy d
Getting Wild

Default g2 backfire

my g2 runs great but at times will backfire is this a throttle butterfly issue?
it only does it when you slow down then pick the gas back up
willy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g2 backfire

The main two reasons are first the carburetor butterfly not really closed at the click and second airbox not well sealed.

You can even add tie-raps to really seal it.
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Your symptoms sound like butterfly issues to me, but be sure of airbox as well.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I found it can be a couple things, one make sure your airbox is sealed. Bungee it or whatever you have to do. If you can't then you need to hog the main jet out a little larger. Next is how the throttle is set up, the cable adjusts under the floor panel. The switch does too but its usually right, anyway the carb has to open AFTER the switch starts or it will pop and backfire for sure so you need just a little slack in the cable. With mine I set it to idle really slow and set the mix, then turn the mix out maybe 1/4 more and that is perfect it starts all summer with no choke and I get no backfires. It is set so I touch the pedal it starts and idles for about 1" travel at top of pedal. Make sure it opens the carb all the way of course at full throttle. The idle is just faster than the starter, its much slower than a lawnmower.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha