lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
athlonwirez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT passkey bypass with older software?

Is it possible to put the 1314-4401 software into developer mode by editing registry parameters?

I have this old version connected and working with my 2015 48V TXT, but have the infamous greyed out freedom toggle.

I believe the newer 4402 software can be put in developer mode, but requires a totally different cable setup. Also, I don't have the 4402 software.

Thanks for any advice in advance!
athlonwirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT passkey bypass with older software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonwirez View Post
Is it possible to put the 1314-4401 software into developer mode by editing registry parameters?

I have this old version connected and working with my 2015 48V TXT, but have the infamous greyed out freedom toggle.

I believe the newer 4402 software can be put in developer mode, but requires a totally different cable setup. Also, I don't have the 4402 software.

Thanks for any advice in advance!
The 1314-XX01 software had the access level set in the software. You had to be provided with the software to install. That being said... Curtis did provide a parallel port "key" that could be sent to an OEM to bump the level up in an existing installation. They were extremely rare, as Curtis preferred to give the OEM a software disc or give them access to their support download server where the software could be downloaded and installed. In my case, I leased programming stations from Curtis that had already been installed and set up for use, plug & play. I had also been provided with reinstall discs in case a programming station crashed. I was a Factory level OEM.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #3
athlonwirez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

A port key, as in a USB dongle that would bump the OEM access to developer?

Do I understand correctly, that the 4401 software cannot have registry changes to invoke developer mode, while the 4402 software can?

If so, are there any whereabouts, or kind individuals that may lend access to 4402?
Old 07-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
A port key, as in a USB dongle that would bump the OEM access to developer?

Do I understand correctly, that the 4401 software cannot have registry changes to invoke developer mode, while the 4402 software can?

If so, are there any whereabouts, or kind individuals that may lend access to 4402?
In those years, port keys were parallel. USB was thought to be too new and a possible fad that might be done away with in favor of the next new thing...

You really need to read the thread that has information pertaining to your questions. No need to start a new thread when it has already been covered.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html

There were many people that contributed to the information in that thread.

Bob
Old 07-04-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
athlonwirez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I remember the parallel port keys. I didn't know the 4401 software was that old of a version. I'll look around the thread you linked and see if anyone links access to 4402.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I remember the parallel port keys. I didn't know the 4401 software was that old of a version. I'll look around the thread you linked and see if anyone links access to 4402.
I had to return my leased 1314-5501 programming stations to Curtis and switch to the 1314-5502 programming stations more than 5 years ago. I am now running a 1314-6602 programming station. I sent you a PM with a link to the 1314-4402 software...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO