lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2018, 09:24 PM   #11
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS 36 charging issue

From my own experience the positive wire coming from the charge receptacle should be going to battery main +, even though it shows it going to the F/R switch for some reason...I bet it's going someplace where it only completes that part of the circuit when the car is running instead of when it's stopped.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
From my own experience the positive wire coming from the charge receptacle should be going to battery main +, even though it shows it going to the F/R switch for some reason...I bet it's going someplace where it only completes that part of the circuit when the car is running instead of when it's stopped.
Looking at the drawing and what the OP states is happening, your statement sounds spot on....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #13
harleyt98
Not Yet Wild

It's wired from the charge port straight to the main positive battery terminal. And negative is the same, straight to the main negative. Quick question. Could it have something to do with the solonoid? When I press the gas it makes a strange noise but it won't move because It's not charged enough. Could the charging issue be the solonoid. It's been sitting a while.
harleyt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #14
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The solenoid should have nothing to do with charging at all if it's wired correctly. Do you have a multimeter? Probe the receptacle itself and tell us what the voltage is. Does it even show voltage?

I do know if you have a fully electronic charger (not one with a timer knob) it won't charge or charge correctly if your battery pack volts drop enough, like ~2-3 volts under where they should be (on a 36V, if the main volts go to ~34-33 the charger won't bloody attempt to do anything.)
Old 07-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like You have a bad battery in the series, pressing the pedal is completing the circuit for the charger through the solenoid coil.

If You measure the voltage in each battery as You try to move, one of them will likely go to 0v.

This is assuming You already verified your cables are not corroded to the point of falling apart.

Here is a better wiring diagram:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:56 AM   #16
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I've also seen a battery in a series REVERSE its polarity (negative is positive, positive is negative!) causing similar issues, too.

Tags
36 volt, club car ds, ds electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car