lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2018, 04:30 AM   #1
FoMoGo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 1998 Yamaha G16 surges when pedal pressed

Hey all,

New to the forum and kinda new to carts. This is my second G16 cart, I picked this one up earlier this year for our campsite we are at here in Ontario Canada. It needed a bit of work as it seemed to be abused more then maintained, but decided to rescue it lol! Anyways it had very old gas in it, the oil was diluted from fuel as well,I have taken the body off and cleaned everything from top to bottom. When I bought it, it had a weird surge or idle when the throttle is pressed in a neutral position it will rev up and down, I see the governor moving back and fourth and the clutches closing and opening. If the throttle was applied very slowly it wouldn't do this. I've replaced the carb, fuel pump, fuel lines, pulse line, all filters and yet it still has this condition? I noticed that there's air also in the fuel lines as I replaced all lines with clear lines. I was kinda thinking the fuel filter should be solid with fuel not just half full? Anyone experience a issue like this and where else I should check?another thing I noticed is that the pulse line gets condensation in it too, I pulled the line off at the crank case and it has a good pulse, and I blew in the hose to the fuel pump and it feels like you can just blow through it with no resistance? Not sure how else to explain these issue other then posting a video of it doing this. Sorry for the long first post by the way.
FoMoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
FoMoGo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1998 Yamaha G16 surges when pedal pressed

Ok so update on the revving up and down issue, pulled the carb off as I didn't know that there was a spacer between the carb and the cylinder, so pulled it off and the gaskets were pretty dried out, so I made 2 new gaskets and reinstalled, still has the issue. I then pulled the cable off the governor to the carb and tried just revving it with the cable removed, and it doesn't do the revving up and down just a smooth transition the way it should be.. what would cause it to do it with the governor hooked up??
FoMoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 1998 Yamaha G16 surges when pedal pressed

Most likely cable #2 (from governor to carb) is bad, not smoothly pulling/pushing.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha