lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 - won't run, air filter soaked with oil.

Hi all, the cart has been running fine for a couple of weeks - a few backfires when you tail off the gas going downhill. Yesterday it started missing, finally stopped and won't run at all. I took the air box cover off (it's new) and see that the last guy who serviced it has wrapped a rag around the airfilter which is soaked will oil as is the filter underneath. Does this give anyone any clues as to what is going wrong? Help please! Cheers, Drew
nzdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 - won't run, air filter soaked with oil.

Overfilled oil, or oil contaminated with fuel. When oil level gets too high, it gets ejected into the air box. Oil in the air box soaks into the filter, greatly increasing it's resistance to air flow. This exact same thing happened to me when I ran some "free gas" that i found out had a little diesel in it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for that. I have an electric fuel pump, so I'm assuming that I should be able to make it run with the filter removed - ie - allow more air through?
Old 11-11-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hmm, electric fuel pump is how the oil got overfull? As long as the spark plug isn't permanently fouled, it should start (and run horrible with no air box/filter).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #5
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Haha - no I thought the reason it needed a decent seal on the air box was to make a vacuum fuel pump work - so without a vacuum pump a decent seal wasn't necessary. Taken the air-filter out, no go ******.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha